Dylan Bundy TONIGHT 4/24

Snutchy

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the plan is to keep him at Delmarva for the season, Frederick and Bowie next year, Norfolk in 2014 with possible call-up in September 2014, and fulltime in Baltimore in 2015.

Yeah, that in no way makes sense. Even if you were correct about his planned arrival time to Baltimore, the jump between Delmarva and Frederick is so much less significant than the jump from Frederick to Bowie that keeping him in Delmarva for the whole year would be crazy. Me thinks this is the wishful thinking of an O's fan that lives near Salisbury.

This was the first time I saw Bundy in person, and damn was I impressed.

He changed speeds and flawlessly hit the mid-to-high 90's well into his final inning.

I think when it gets consistently warmer around here, he'll be stretched out.

I think the plan is to keep him at Delmarva for the season, Frederick and Bowie next year, Norfolk in 2014 with possible call-up in September 2014, and fulltime in Baltimore in 2015.

The plan as I know it is to get him to five innings a start by the beginning of May then send him to Frederick. He'll get two months there and then two months in Bowie. He has as much chance of staying in Delmarva all year as I do getting signed by the Orioles. ;)

Tony or anyone: Do we have any sort of idea what the timeline is for this season at least? Are they going to stretch him out further before Frederick? Or let him go to Frederick soon and stretch him out there? And most of us think Bowie would be the destination by the end of the year but is that actually something that has come from anyone inside the organization or are we just guessing completely regarding that?

From what I've read, the short-term plan seems to be 2 more (total of 3) four inning starts, then graduate to five innings. What I haven't seen is where he gets his first 5 inning start? One 5 inning start in Delmarva then promotion? More starts before promotion? Or promotion to Frederick for his first 5 inning start (doubtful).

I think he'll make two 5 inning starts in Delmarva for a total of 31 innings and 8 starts at LoA before his promotion.

And, with just 31 innings pitched over 8 starts, he'll still be Baseball America's #1 prospect in the South Atlantic League! (Meaningless but fun none the less.)

I'm thinking that Bundy's progression might go something like this:

2012: 1/2 season in A-Delmarva, 1/2 season in Advanced-A Frederick

2013: 1/2 season in AA-Bowie, 1/2 season in AAA-Norfolk

2014: The big question that was the buzz in 2009 with Matt Wieters, and also in 2011 with Zach Britton ........ Do we start him with the Orioles immediately ??? Do we leave down in AAA-Norfolk for 2 weeks to get the extra year of free agency ??? Do we leave him down in AAA-Norfolk until late May/early June, and also get the additional year of arbitration ???

I will be there tonight and I will try to post his line after each inning. I got selected for the cash box tonight so in the 3rd inning I will be trying to grab as much cash as I can on the 3rd base line in only a few seconds. I will have my camera in tow!

Must spread rep, my friend. Good to know the four-inning start went about as well as the others.

I'm thinking that Bundy's progression might go something like this:

2012: 1/2 season in A-Delmarva, 1/2 season in Advanced-A Frederick

2013: 1/2 season in AA-Bowie, 1/2 season in AAA-Norfolk

2014: The big question that was the buzz in 2009 with Matt Wieters, and also in 2011 with Zach Britton ........ Do we start him with the Orioles immediately ??? Do we leave down in AAA-Norfolk for 2 weeks to get the extra year of free agency ??? Do we leave him down in AAA-Norfolk until late May/early June, and also get the additional year of arbitration ???

I think that it's very likely he spends little more time in Frederick as he does in Delmarva. I think he'll move up to HiA after about 8 starts and then get 10 - 12 starts in HiA with a promotion to AA for another 10 - 12 starts before the end of the season. Next season, I still see him limited to about 160 - 175 innings, that might be enough to get him into September for a late season cup of coffee in Baltimore. I really expect him to be here by age 21.

The plan as I know it is to get him to five innings a start by the beginning of May then send him to Frederick. He'll get two months there and then two months in Bowie. He has as much chance of staying in Delmarva all year as I do getting signed by the Orioles. ;)

Sounds right to me. I figure 2 more starts for the Shorebirds, then on to Frederick.

Why rush the kid? He's only 19 and his arm strength hasn't reached the point of being able to handle a bigger workload.

Going by that progression, he'll be on the shelf for a year with TJ surgery (a given with any pitcher nowadays).

Why rush the kid? He's only 19 and his arm strength hasn't reached the point of being able to handle a bigger workload.

Going by that progression, he'll be on the shelf for a year with TJ surgery (a given with any pitcher nowadays).

They want to spread 120-125 innings over the season for him so I don't think that's too aggressive or rushing him. If he's not being challenged, then he needs to move up in order for him to work on all his pitches, pitching from the stretch, pitching in situations, fielding his positions, holding runners, pickoffs, TTP, etc. There is nothing wrog with the progression, its the overall workload (innings/pitches) that will be monitored closely. I think the Orioles have a good plan for him personally.

Archived