All signs point to major improvements

bigbird

4 years 40 million for Zito

Plug him into the rotation with Bedard and that basically solidifies our rotation.

Throw in Soriano in the middle of our lineup and 2 more bullpen arms and you've got yourself a competitive team.

Now if you add a 1B (preferably a young 1B who's been blocked by another player) and this team can compete in the AL Wild Card.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plug him into the rotation with Bedard and that basically solidifies our rotation.

Throw in Soriano in the middle of our lineup and 2 more bullpen arms and you've got yourself a competitive team.

Now if you add a 1B (preferably a young 1B who's been blocked by another player) and this team can compete in the AL Wild Card.

I'm calling now to put my name on the list, for playoff tickets. :D

Is making $8 million now. You think he's coming here for 4/$10mil. when the Mets, NYYs and Bosox will offer him at least 5/$14mil.?

This doesn't come remotely close to getting him.

I think there is a simple reason why those posters with "sources" on the club are wrong as much as they are.Their contacts may think the team has a deal in place or that getting a particular player looks pretty good. That news gets passed on to our posters who eagerly post it here.

Then Angelos nixes it, lets it die w/o acting or changes the deal until it's unrecognizable.

I think there is a simple reason why those posters with "sources" on the club are wrong as much as they are.Their contacts may think the team has a deal in place or that getting a particular player looks pretty good. That news gets passed on to our posters who eagerly post it here.

Then Angelos nixes it, lets it die w/o acting or changes the deal until it's unrecognizable.

Sources are just that...people telling our guys what they know at the time. The can tell about plans, or offers or attempts at improvements. They can reveal what we covet or what we feel we need.

Sources don't have crystal balls and neither do our valuable insiders.

• 2 months later...
Spoke with my guy this evening. Read into this as little or as much as you want. Everything he's hearing says we will be very aggressive this offseason. Not may trades as we really don't have much to trade with. He said he would wager there could be 7-8 new players acquired this off season. I thought it interesting that he said again Olsen will be given a look at making the 2007 rotation. He also noted we would like to move Gibbons but it will be tough. He thinks Benson stays due to his relationship with Duquette. He also said again we will not spend over $10 million on a starting pitcher.

Wright

Walker

Williamson

Baez

Bradford

Bako

Millar

Well we have added 6 new pieces. Lets go out and get the last 2, or lets get more.

Archived