Guthrie is pure class.

Anlbdz

Hard not to root for him. He just seems like such an honest, sincere, and down to earth guy. I know the trade looks to have worked out well for us, but can't say I don't miss having him around.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7849214/rockies-pitcher-twitter-friendship

Agree with this, the trade looks like a win for us but I was and still am a fan of Guthrie. Great story thanks for sharing.

Good Guy, yes he is. He gave us his best each time he took the mound.

But, his 47-65 win-loss record was not. IMO, good pitchers win, even on bad teams. You can check it out.

Guthrie got some of the worst run support of any pitcher I've ever seen. I think there are numbers out there to back this up. The guy was a workhorse and gave us a lot of quality innings with very little to show for it. And he's a nice guy.

I remember in 2008, when Guthrie was essentially all we had in terms of good starting pitching. I was at the game at Yankee Stadium that year in which we gave him a 10-0 lead in a rare display of Oriole offensive support for him. He looked great on the mound that night, as after the game, he was talking about how the "hitch" that he had in his delivery seemed to throw hitters off.

Guthrie will always have a place in my heart, and as far as I'm concerned, he will always have a home at OPACY.

Good Guy, yes he is. He gave us his best each time he took the mound.

But, his 47-65 win-loss record was not. IMO, good pitchers win, even on bad teams. You can check it out.

WINS: 8 LOSSES: 16 ERA: 2.87

He led the league in ERA that season in 1987. Guess who ???

Hard not to root for him. He just seems like such an honest, sincere, and down to earth guy. I know the trade looks to have worked out well for us, but can't say I don't miss having him around.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7849214/rockies-pitcher-twitter-friendship

That really was a great story. I know he wasn't a Buck guy for whatever reason, but the guy is true to himself and is first class.

Archived