Dylan Bundy Highlighted on ESPN.com (mlb)

xian4

I'm not that smart when it comes to the minors, so could someone tell me the point of him not being moved up to the next level already? I mean, isn't there a poont in time where you say that he isn't going to get better playing against this type of skill level? I'm all for not rushing him but it seems silly that he is still pitching against guys like me.

I'm not that smart when it comes to the minors, so could someone tell me the point of him not being moved up to the next level already? I mean, isn't there a poont in time where you say that he isn't going to get better playing against this type of skill level? I'm all for not rushing him but it seems silly that he is still pitching against guys like me.

He is working in a 6 man rotation which allows him 2 bullpen sessions between each start. He is using those bullpens to sharpen his secondary pitches.

He is working in a 6 man rotation which allows him 2 bullpen sessions between each start. He is using those bullpens to sharpen his secondary pitches.

Translation -- Baltimore wants to limit innings so they have him pitching against highly over-matched talent rather than having him throw side sessions exclusively down in Florida. They have decided the best PR explanation is the one that CoC is stating above. Not a big deal either way. Pirates had baby gloves on the baby gloves they were usign with Taillon last year and it certainly doesn't seem to have affected his development at all if you put stock in his stats so far at HiA Bradenton:

GS - 6

IP - 30.2

H - 19

HR - 0

BB - 6

SO - 33

ERA - 1.76

WHIP - 0.815

SO/9 - 9.70

SO/BB - 5.50

Translation -- Baltimore wants to limit innings so they have him pitching against highly over-matched talent rather than having him throw side sessions exclusively down in Florida. They have decided the best PR explanation is the one that CoC is stating above. Not a big deal either way. Pirates had baby gloves on the baby gloves they were usign with Taillon last year and it certainly doesn't seem to have affected his development at all if you put stock in his stats so far at HiA Bradenton:

I am actually buying the explanation for right now since the whole staff is on that rotation. If they were just pitching Bundy every 6 days with another starter piggybacking then I would be calling BS. I am interested to see if they keep the 6 man rotation after Bundy's inevitable promotion.

I am actually buying the explanation for right now since the whole staff is on that rotation. If they were just pitching Bundy every 6 days with another starter piggybacking then I would be calling BS. I am interested to see if they keep the 6 man rotation after Bundy's inevitable promotion.

There's nothing to "buy" as to the rotation. Plenty of teams stack starters at the low minors. Whether you buy that Bundy needs extra side sessions, to work on secondaries, is up to you.

There's nothing to "buy" as to the rotation. Plenty of teams stack starters at the low minors. Whether you buy that Bundy needs extra side sessions, to work on secondaries, is up to you.

I didn't mean Bundy specifically. I meant the idea that they are using the rotation to enable the extra bullpens for all the starters. I don't actually think Bundy needs the help, but I can see where it would be useful to do at that level.

I didn't mean Bundy specifically. I meant the idea that they are using the rotation to enable the extra bullpens for all the starters. I don't actually think Bundy needs the help, but I can see where it would be useful to do at that level.

Agreed; pitchers at that level can certainly benefit both from a lighter starting load and from an extra side session.

Archived