If they stay in contention - Trade Idea

vab

yeah because teams are drooling to give up their prospects for a guy hitting .130 and zero homers.

Sure they would. The law of averages says that Reynolds is due for 10 HRs in the next 2 weeks. If you trade for him now, you'll get to capitalize on that production! :laughlol:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If we get to the deadline and it really looks like this club has a shot at the playoffs, would you do:

Zach Britton/Manny Machado for David Wright.

Wright is signed through '12 with a club option for '13 so an extension would probably be required. Kind of steep price I know but if they really have a shot at something special I think they may have to go for it. Discuss.

Would you trade Adam Wrainwright and Troy Tulowitzki for David Wright in 5 years?

Britton and Machado have too much upside.

Agree.

Machado is the future of this team, along with Bundy and the core of Wieters and the young pitching. No way in a million years he gets traded in a Wright deal. Hell, Britton alone might be enough for Wright.

Consider that our system is nearly void of position players my answer is "Hell No"

No

I think you are joking but if not, that just isn't going to happen. Buck, DD and PA all want to win and win now! So unless the team craps the bed between now and then this team will remain intact.
Not Joking. We need more SP and a good 3B plus much more depth in the MiL in order to contend on a regular basis. Depending on how our SP looks at the deadline a Jones trade would bring us a good haul, and so would a JJ trade. If Strop can continue to maintain his command, he is a fine replacement at closer. Reynolds, if he ever finds his HR stroke again, could also bring some value. Our biggest trade chip is of course Wieters, but he will bring more in the off season, and I would try to extend him first.

Trade Muchado?

Trade Schoop?

Trade Britton?

Why are we trading our young prospects?

Schoop is clearly our 2B of the future.

Muchado is clearly our SS of the future.

Britton has the stuff to be a MOR starter.

Trade Tillman, Hunter, or Andino (ONLY depending on Schoop)

I'd dont imagine the trade idea would get through DDs sniff test.

Way too much for Wright... I really think they are going to have a hard time getting any value back unless they eat a decent portion of whatever money is owed to him.

I target Chase Headley.

Headley for Bergesen (Unless he continues to struggle... in which case, he would have no value) and 2 prospect NOT named Bundy, Machado, Schoop, Bridwell, G. Davis or Lino.

If Bergesen can't get himself together, it could get tough for me to feel comfortable making a deal.

Either way, Headley is #1 on my 'target' list...

I've been a huge David Wright fan for a long time and have stated that I'd like to acquire him if the Mets make him available. I'm also happy that he's having quite a rebound season.

That said, I'd be open to trading for him IF we are in contention, but Machado is out of the question. Machado is if you can acquire a Miguel Cabrera type and Wright ain't that.

Way too much for Wright... I really think they are going to have a hard time getting any value back unless they eat a decent portion of whatever money is owed to him.

I target Chase Headley.

Headley for Bergesen (Unless he continues to struggle... in which case, he would have no value) and 2 prospect NOT named Bundy, Machado, Schoop, Bridwell, G. Davis or Lino.

If Bergesen can't get himself together, it could get tough for me to feel comfortable making a deal.

Either way, Headley is #1 on my 'target' list...

Headley would be good, but you'd have to offer more than Bergesen. I'd offer Tillman.

Not Joking. We need more SP and a good 3B plus much more depth in the MiL in order to contend on a regular basis. Depending on how our SP looks at the deadline a Jones trade would bring us a good haul, and so would a JJ trade. If Strop can continue to maintain his command, he is a fine replacement at closer. Reynolds, if he ever finds his HR stroke again, could also bring some value. Our biggest trade chip is of course Wieters, but he will bring more in the off season, and I would try to extend him first.

I agree with you in theory but it just isn't going to happen. The last thing the front office, Buck and especially PA would want to do is dismantle the first potential nonlosing team this city has had in the last 14 years. Hell the fans would be out with pitch forks if the team was actually in contention at the deadline and DD sold off JJ and Jones. It isn't realistic, no matter how necessary.

Put me in the group that feels this organization would make a strong splash in free agency, this coming off season, if they somehow make it above 500, to try and ensure continued success.

I am not real familiar with Headley, just looked up his stats and they look kind of middling. What's his story?

I agree with you in theory but it just isn't going to happen. The last thing the front office, Buck and especially PA would want to do is dismantle the first potential nonlosing team this city has had in the last 14 years. Hell the fans would be out with pitch forks if the team was actually in contention at the deadline and DD sold off JJ and Jones. It isn't realistic, no matter how necessary.

Put me in the group that feels this organization would make a strong splash in free agency, this coming off season, if they somehow make it above 500, to try and ensure continued success.

I am not real familiar with Headley, just looked up his stats and they look kind of middling. What's his story?

I think many feel if he gets away from SD, he'll be a better player. His home/away splits are:

Home: .230/.324/.335

Away: .303/.365/.449

Trade Muchado?

Trade Schoop?

Trade Britton?

Why are we trading our young prospects?

Schoop is clearly our 2B of the future.

Muchado is clearly our SS of the future.

Britton has the stuff to be a MOR starter.

Trade Tillman, Hunter, or Andino (ONLY depending on Schoop)

Fortunately, we're not. ;):)

Archived