Anyone interested in signing Felix Pie to a AAA contract? Seems the kid is unsigned.

Gurgi

Cleveland had him signed to a minor league contract but he didnt make the big league club this spring and they let him go.

Seeing that no one is jumping to sign him is it worth it to ink him to a AA or AAA contract and see if someone can work with him to get his stroke back? Maybe get Terry Crowley to work with him exclusively?

As bad as he often looked he also flashed great tools once in a while.

I would have no problem at all with signing Pie to a AAA contract, and have him spend the season with the Tides from May through August. At that point, the worst-case scenario would be for us to bring him up in September when we expand the roster to 40 players, and use him strictly as a pinch-runner. IF he happens to be hitting really well down in AAA from May though August, perhaps we could increase our usage of him to a little bit more than a pinch-runner for the final month of the season.

And if we didn't want to bring him up at all after the roster was expanded to 40 players, we would just shake hands and thank him for the season that he gave us with the AAA-Tides, and he would thank us for the opportunity to at least play baseball at all this year.

I just saw Felix on the news today. The York Revolution unaffiliated ball club played Camden today and Felix plays for Camden.

It seems amazing he cant get one club to give him a shot on a AAA club. He is only 27.

Heck put him at Bowie and let him figure out his stroke again.

I just saw Felix on the news today. The York Revolution unaffiliated ball club played Camden today and Felix plays for Camden.

Yep, he plays for the Riversharks. I mentioned in another thread, that today, he went 3 for 5 with an RBI.

That should make Dipper's day. :thumbsup1: I have no doubt, he wants Pie back so badly, that he's willing to go to NJ to help him pack. ;)

Archived