Orioles to sign Miguel Tejada?

Brian88

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The numbers last year were pathetic, and at his age you'd assume a comeback isn't in order, but I am not upset by it. Newly signed Bill Hall's leading Norfolk with a mid 800 OPS, and it doesn't seem like he'd be taking abs away from a real prospect.

Perhaps Tejada has enlisted the help of Colon's stem cell doctor and will play at an MVP level and carry this team on his back to a world series win!

Or perhaps he's going to stink up the joint in Norfolk.

It's anyones guess, really.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

I'm confused. Is he signed or not? If not, can the thread title be changed? I'm not smart enough to keep up with all these details! Roch makes it sound like he's not signed. Thanks!

It's ok, Toonces, just keep your eyes and mind on the road. You're a cat who drives - you have enough on your plate. At this point the O's are going to watch Tejada in extended spring games and make sure he can pass a physical. He isn't signed. One more thing...can you please take Kevin Gregg out for a drive?

It's ok, Toonces, just keep your eyes and mind on the road. You're a cat who drives - you have enough on your plate. At this point the O's are going to watch Tejada in extended spring games and make sure he can pass a physical. He isn't signed. One more thing...can you please take Kevin Gregg out for a drive?

Informative, funny post.

But Wow. Yet another OH thread having nothing to do with Kevin Gregg that gets laced with Kevin Gregg hate.

“He’s interested in coming back and playing and he played pretty good defense for the Giants last year at third base,” Duquette said before Saturday’s game in Boston. “And he has been a productive right-handed bat so we’ll see if he has more to offer offensively."

Duquette said Tejada will then have a seven- to 10-day evalutation period.

“We’ll see what kind of shape he’s in and how he does,” Duquette said. “He has a lot of enthusiasm for Baltimore, obviously, and he’s a good veteran player.”

Duquette said Tejada, who lives in South Florida, approached the Orioles about returning for his third stint with the organization. He hasn’t played since February in the Carribbean Series for Aguilas.

“He didn’t like the way last year turned out and he thinks he still has something left in the tank,” Duquette said.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-more-on-possible-return-of-former-orioles-star-miguel-tejada-20120505,0,6838283.story

Informative, funny post.

But Wow. Yet another OH thread having nothing to do with Kevin Gregg that gets laced with Kevin Gregg hate.

It's just a joke since Toonces skits always ended in fire-filled crashes. I needed a player to finish my joke and I picked KG (for the record I have been against the signing since day one - not jumping on a bandwagon). It is a joke. I would never really wish the man any injury. I would genuinely like him to pitch well from this point forward because that would benefit the team - just one of my least favorite AM moves. Generally, I was a supporter of AM...and Toonces for that matter. BTW - we need a Johnny Hildo on the site next. Another great but less well-known SNL skit.

Archived