Things Less Awesome Than Chris Davis.

Jagwar

I was referring to the games leading up to that game. He basically has no power right now or can't seem to hit anything in the air. His fielding is surprising and I think he needs his eyes checked. When you can't scoop a ball out of the dirt at 1B or miss balls hit to you and turn sideways there is something wrong. Maybe he isn't injured and has a vision problem. It wouldn't be the first time it's happened to a player. I played 1B for a number of years and took pride in scooping the ball out of the dirt. All first basemen are taught this from the time they are10 years old. If it's not vision it's lack of concentration.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
His attempt on that ground ball last night was putrid. He had time to slide over... Get in front of the ball!!

If I were showalter, I would have yanked his lazy --- off the field right then and there and put Johnson in the game.

As someone that used to play a worse 1st than Davis, but for the same reason, I can promise you it is not because he is LAZY. In your mind you know what your suppose to do but you just don't do it. It has nothing to do with saving the energy to take two steps. To think so is kind of silly.

• 4 weeks later...

I dig Davis, but I can't let you put Charlize Theron and Hendrix above him. There's something sacrilegious about that.

And while we're at it, I love the Adrian Gonzalez posts ... but would love them even more with that tool who plays first for the MFYankees in there.

I dig Davis, but I can't let you put Charlize Theron and Hendrix above him. There's something sacrilegious about that.

And while we're at it, I love the Adrian Gonzalez posts ... but would love them even more with that tool who plays first for the MFYankees in there.

Coming from me... it adds to the absurdity. :D

Not that he's not awesomer...

The bat he used to hit last night's HR is clearly less awesome than Chris Davis.

A stat on bats that has NEVER been posted on the Orioles Hangout before... EVAH!

Every. Single. Bat. That ever appeared in a Major League game. Has since been broken.

By some "crafty leftie".

Except for the current crop of course.

Archived