Dylan Bundy TONIGHT 5/07

xian4

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Look, its all well and good that they a plan for the kid, but honest, tear it up and promote him. These numbers are insane. I honestly think they could promote him to Bowie and he'd hold his own.

Why be inconsistent and change everything you've told the kid to expect from Day 1 just because a few fans can't wait to see him at a higher level? His pitch and innings counts get expanded in his next start; I wouldn't change a thing that they plan, especially since he participated in choosing this direction.

Why be inconsistent and change everything you've told the kid to expect from Day 1 just because a few fans can't wait to see him at a higher level? His pitch and innings counts get expanded in his next start; I wouldn't change a thing that they plan, especially since he participated in choosing this direction.

Seems like heis the type of kid that wouldn't be thrown by a promotion. If the promotion were to Bowie, he would probably be happy to pitch with his brother. But, I suspect, part of the reason they don't want him in Bowie too soon is they want him to learn to get along without his brother. Hence, I doubt he will skip Frederick

20 IP

33 K's

2 BB

2 Hits

Look, its all well and good that they a plan for the kid, but honest, tear it up and promote him. These numbers are insane. I honestly think they could promote him to Bowie and he'd hold his own.

If you aren't going to follow a plan, why make a plan. What is wrong with letting him gain unbelievable confidence by taking it slow with him. Let him follow the plan which allows him to get to Bowie by the end of this year and allows him to compete for a starting spot by May 2013.

In my opinion the first inning double hung on Dylan should have been ruled an error. Narron did have to go a long way to get to the ball, but he reached it in time and had it bounce off the heel of his glove. The run in the fourth went down like this. With two outs, Dylan struck out the next batter on a nasty breaking ball that bouced right behind the plate. Gabriel Lino blocked the ball, but couldn't locate it and the runner reached first safely. After a first pitch strike to the ensuing batter, Lino threw the ball over Dylan's head and into centerfield. The runner on first took off and hustled his way towards third, resulting in having Glynn Davis throw the ball into the Shorebirds dugout. Lino had the trainer come out and look at his hand, but stayed in the game.

In my opinion the first inning double hung on Dylan should have been ruled an error. Narron did have to go a long way to get to the ball, but he reached it in time and had it bounce off the heel of his glove. The run in the fourth went down like this. With two outs, Dylan struck out the next batter on a nasty breaking ball that bouced right behind the plate. Gabriel Lino blocked the ball, but couldn't locate it and the runner reached first safely. After a first pitch strike to the ensuing batter, Lino threw the ball over Dylan's head and into centerfield. The runner on first took off and hustled his way towards third, resulting in having Glynn Davis throw the ball into the Shorebirds dugout. Lino had the trainer come out and look at his hand, but stayed in the game.

Wow this is exactly the way I remember little leage games going. That is just awful.

Here is a description of what happened in the 3rd inning last night:

The run off Bundy came in the third, after he retired the first two batters he faced. Williams struck out swinging for the would-be final out, but reached first on a wild pitch by Bundy. Shorebirds catcher Gabriel Lino then missed Bundy and threw the ball into the outfield, and center fielder Glynn Davis made a throwing error himself. As a result, Williams scored all the way from first.

Culver also reached base due to another throwing error -- this one by second baseman Sammie Starr -- but Bundy fanned Sanchez to end his day.

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120507&content_id=30674502&fext=.jsp&vkey=news_milb

Sounds like Little League.

(Edit: I see Danny Noonan and gurgi beat me to it.)

If you are in the outfield, get your glove on it, and are not diving or hitting the fence, you have to catch the ball. I agree this likely should have been an error.

If you aren't going to follow a plan, why make a plan. What is wrong with letting him gain unbelievable confidence by taking it slow with him. Let him follow the plan which allows him to get to Bowie by the end of this year and allows him to compete for a starting spot by May 2013.

Bundy doesn't need to "learn" how to get hitters out....he already knows how. And his pitches do not appear to need much refinement.

Instead, the "plan" is really about getting innings under his belt in a low stress environment, at least to begin the year. Transitioning from pitching 1x a week in high school to every 5 days is a significant adjustment.

He'll be in a position to go 160-175 IP next season, and there's probably little doubt that a high portion of those can come at the MLB level.

Archived