Dylan Bundy TONIGHT 5/07

xian4

Seems like heis the type of kid that wouldn't be thrown by a promotion. If the promotion were to Bowie, he would probably be happy to pitch with his brother. But, I suspect, part of the reason they don't want him in Bowie too soon is they want him to learn to get along without his brother. Hence, I doubt he will skip Frederick

Considering the mostly minor league filler team they sent to Frederick, they probably want to reward Frederick by giving them Bundy for about 8 starts or so before moving him to Bowie for the last 6-7 weeks of the season. I think there is little doubt he can and will be successful in AA this season, but there is no rush.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Could have been a case of hometown scoring.

I think the above statement is true. The people of Charleston are very knowledgeable fans, but when you look at the program and see the opposing pitcher has given up just one hit in 17 innings, it has to be tough to not want to have the hometown team have some success against such a high profile prospect.

The funny part about the mystery double is that before the ball was hit the relievers in the bullpen were joking with Narron about not having to worry about a ball being hit in his direction. Even they didn't think any of the Riverdogs were capable of pulling a ball off of Dylan.

Its amazing how quickly Bundy has become a national story. There were a number of Charleston television stations that got to the ballpark early last night to take video of Dylan's bullpen session. There were even a few park employees who approached me to ask about Bundy. The word "stud" was thrown about quite a bit last night.

Archived