Eveland's Outing Tonight

OFFNY

Tonight, Dana Eveland was taken out after pitching 5 shutout innings for AAA-Norfolk. He only threw 63 pitches. He walked 0, struck out 4, and 44 of those 63 pitches were strikes.

I'm wondering if something is in the works to add him to the 40-man roster and get called up as a starter with Hunter having gone down to Norfolk, and with Matusz having gotten shelled tonight.

DANA EVELANDO (May 7th)

IP:O5

H:o 4

R:O 0

BB: 0

SO: 4

Pitches: 63 (44 Strikes, 19 Balls)

2012 ERA: 2.21

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=l117&t=g_box&gid=2012_05_07_noraaa_louaaa_1

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonight, Dana Eveland was taken out after pitching 5 shutout innings for AAA-Norfolk. He only threw 63 pitches. He walked 0, struck out 4, and 44 of those 63 pitches were strikes.

I'm wondering if something is in the works to add him to the 40-man roster and get called up as a starter with Hunter having gone down to Norfolk, and with Matusz having gotten shelled tonight.

DANA EVELANDO (May 7th)

IP:O5

H:o 4

R:O 0

BB: 0

SO: 4

Pitches: 63 (44 Strikes, 19 Balls)

2012 ERA: 2.21

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=l117&t=g_box&gid=2012_05_07_noraaa_louaaa_1

Eveland has to be the strongest candidate to replace Hunter, along with Johnson, but Johnson will pitch on Wednesday, I think.

It is not good for Matusz to be up at the ML level right now. IMO, you just have to send him out and let him get his confidence back. I am not ready to give up on him, so I think he needs to go to Norfolk and find himself. If Eveland is the choice to replace him, so be it. actually, i would replace Brian with Tillman and let Eveland pitch in Hunters spot. That is the whole reason why they went out and got some pitching depth. It is time to use it.

I'm hoping Britton stays on track and we see him soon. I would be for letting Matusz give us one more outing to see what he does if the competition wasn't so tough coming up. I'm afraid Matusz will never be a long term solution in the majors. I think he's got too much going on up top for him to remain consistent. I think we'll see flashes where he does well and then something goes wrong and he falls apart. I really hope I'm wrong though, I like the guy, just a big time head-case.

Eveland has to be the strongest candidate to replace Hunter, along with Johnson, but Johnson will pitch on Wednesday, I think.

This. Teagarden can probably go on the 60 day DL retroactive to the beginning for the season. Berken may go back to AAA.

Ya think??

Berken is demoted, Eveland called up to replace him. Eveland will take Hunter's rotation spot until either Britton or Hunter is ready.

Seems this is the most likely scenario to me. If Eveland is on the way up, and it seems like he might after an abbreviated start tonight, it would make sense that it is to take Hunter's spot in the rotation.

I'm hoping Britton stays on track and we see him soon. I would be for letting Matusz give us one more outing to see what he does if the competition wasn't so tough coming up. I'm afraid Matusz will never be a long term solution in the majors. I think he's got too much going on up top for him to remain consistent. I think we'll see flashes where he does well and then something goes wrong and he falls apart. I really hope I'm wrong though, I like the guy, just a big time head-case.

I think Matusz will actually be consistent once he really clicks. When he was bad for that long stretch, its not like some starts were OK and then he'd stink- he just always stunk. Likewise, when he was good in 2010 he was fairly consistent for a young pitcher. My hope is that he finds his groove and that his experiences from 2011 serve as constant motivation to keep working his tail off. Against the jays and yankees (in his good starts) he was able to bounce back from adversity pretty well after giving up that home run to granderson and johnson's error.

Britton can't come back soon enough, but I hope he's 100% healthy and is the guy from the first half of the year, not the second. I just have this horrible feeling that he'll come back and be ineffective, or the inflammation will crop up again.

Berken is demoted, Eveland called up to replace him. Eveland will take Hunter's rotation spot until either Britton or Hunter is ready.

Yup. Sounds like Eveland is getting the call up to take Hunters spot for now.

Archived