Eveland's Outing Tonight

OFFNY

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is not good for Matusz to be up at the ML level right now. IMO, you just have to send him out and let him get his confidence back. I am not ready to give up on him, so I think he needs to go to Norfolk and find himself. If Eveland is the choice to replace him, so be it. actually, i would replace Brian with Tillman and let Eveland pitch in Hunters spot. That is the whole reason why they went out and got some pitching depth. It is time to use it.

B/c you want to have Tillman's "confidence" completely blown?

Any reason you believe that Eveland will perform so much better than Hunter that he shd be just given his spot in the rotation?

I hope Luke doesn't kick our butts.

Scott pretty predictable ....Either he's hot or he's not. In the last seven days he's hitting .150 w/ 1 homer & 3 rbi w/ 5 Ks in the last 2 days. I like our chances.

By the way his beard on the photo of ESPN looks ridiculous.

DANA EVELANDO (vs. D-RAYS May 11th)

IP:o6

H:o 5

R:O 3

BB: 6 * **

SO: 2

Pitches: 95 (51 Strikes, 44 Balls)

2012 ERA: 4.50

* Two hit batsman.

** One intentional walk

DANA BY INNINGS

He was pretty bad and lucky to only give up three runs. I hope he doesn't get another start with the Orioles this year, because that will mean our rotation is a mess.

Well he wasn't ridiculously wild like that in the minors this year. In fact his contrrol was exceptional there. I don't know. It's hard to believe the seams on the ball can make that much of a difference.

I don't mean to rip him, but by this point it has been pretty well established that Eveland is a AAAA starter. He can put up good numbers in Norfolk but I wouldn't trust him with Major League starts unless there are no other options. I'd rather have Hunter in the rotation than Eveland. We were very lucky tonight to only give up three runs when our starting pitcher put 7 guys on base via either unintentional walk or hit batsman. Eveland isn't going to miss many bats so he has to toe a very, very fine line to just be mediocre. In years past the Orioles would have looked at a start like this and seen the positives...that he pitched out of jams, etc. But fortunately right now we have to hold our starters to a higher standard than that.

I'm an optimist. I'd like to believe that tonight will be one of Eveland's worst outings of the season, because it was his first start in the majors in 2012, and he hasn't had a chance to adjust to superior hitters in the majors after pitching all of his games for the AAA-Tides before today. He'll settle in after this.

I didn't say I was right ...... I just said that is what I'd like to believe.

agreed, if we are going to keep contending we cant rely on magic game winning homers. The O's currently have four #3 starters and one #2 starter.

The O's have 5 starters. Period. This whole #1 starter, #3 starter business bugs me. Not a single team in the league accurately fits that hypothetical mold.

Archived