McPhail left this morning

amateurfan

Ok that's fine but I was not talking about them so lets say they all get traded except the big 3, would be correct in assuming you would be ok with it if the offers just were not there?

I am not even sure what you asking anymore.

I have clearly stated that if the offers we have heard are the best we get, that I wouldn't trade these guys.

I do not know what else you want me to say.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am not even sure what you asking anymore.

I have clearly stated that if the offers we have heard are the best we get, that I wouldn't trade these guys.

I do not know what else you want me to say.

Don't worry about it. I just wanted a simple yes or no answer about the big 3 and you were wanting to bring in other players on the O's and make it more complicated then it has to be. A simple yes or no would have sufficed.

Don't worry about it. I just wanted a simple yes or no answer about the big 3 and you were wanting to bring in other players on the O's and make it more complicated then it has to be. A simple yes or no would have sufficed.

By me saying I WOULDN'T TRADE THEM FOR THE REPORTED OFFERS, isn't the same as saying no, i wouldn't be critical of AM for not trading those 3?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• This is all true. And inversely, Ortiz has the first half of the season at AAA to hit enough to demand Mateo's job.  It works both ways.  
    • It also let’s us get a better look at some of these prospects, to see what we have. I think it’s smarter to be patient and not start trading our big trade chips just yet. Hernaiz was definitely expendable, so I’m really happy with this trade. Ideally, by the trade deadline, Holliday has shown signs that he’s the future at SS and we can confidently trade from our depth at SS to improve our pitching again. 
    • Only way a Profar-Orioles rumor makes sense is if it came from Profar's agent.
    • I don't think he's ever going to comfortably part with the top guys in the system until there are clearly established players on the ML team that would actually block those players he'd be looking at trading. For example, I think once Gunnar and whomever of Westburg/Norby/Ortiz/Mayo lock down two spots (and assuming Holliday is ascending), at that point he'll look to trade whoever hasn't earned regular playing time (but is hopefully still maintaining trade value by performing well in AAA). I think he's worried of trading the wrong guys and having whoever he's left with bust at the ML level, especially if it's in pursuit of a pitcher with minimal long-term team control.
    • Interesting it's possible, I've never cared for either of the brothers so maybe Louis is in the right. I just want the team to get sold and out of this dysfunctional family's hands. 
    • Looking at some of his stats for the last two years, he really looks like the type of guy we would've ran out there for the 2012-2016 teams. H/9, K/9, BB/9, HR/9, WHIP, and K/BB all fall into ranges you would see from Tillman, Chen, Miguel Gonzales, Bud Norris, etc. They all generally had higher ERA+, I assume on account of the ballpark factors? At a glance his numbers from his two years in Oakland match up very similarly to Chen's first two years in Baltimore (2012-2013). I'd be interested in how their stuff compares and if there could be a comp there for those who may know more. I don't think he's dominant by any stretch, but I'm hopeful he can be a solid SP to a playoff rotation over the next four years.
    • I guess the only question left is whether Urias and Mateo are still on the opening day roster. The IF still seems a little crowded with Westburg and Ortiz knocking on the door.    My guess at this point is they both start the season here but at least one of them is in another uniform after the trade deadline. 
  • Popular Contributors