3B Available Via Trade?

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What teams have 3B that may be available before the Trade Deadline? Any young ones that are blocked or older ones that they may want to move to make way for a young kid?

Alberto Callaspo.

And I suppose Youkilis will be available, but I don't want him at all.

Next year FA 3b list is looking poor. Something will have to be done via trade. No way Reynolds is playing 3b for this team next year.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/compensation/cots/?page_id=177

Third Basemen

Geoff Blum

Miguel Cairo

Brandon Inge *

Maicer Izturis

Chipper Jones *

Kevin Kouzmanoff

Placido Polanco *

Mark Reynolds *

Scott Rolen

Mark Teahen

Ty Wigginton *

David Wright *

Kevin Youkilis *

* – player whose current contract includes 2013 option

David Wright could be made available possibly and from the looks of things, he is pretty good defensively too. Looks who is first, and then look who is last.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/team/_/stat/fielding/split/81

Wright cost's 15 M and his option is void if he is traded. He also hasn't been that good a defensive 3B the past few years, according to UZR.

Next year FA 3b list is looking poor. Something will have to be done via trade. No way Reynolds is playing 3b for this team next year.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/compensation/cots/?page_id=177

Third Basemen

Geoff Blum

Miguel Cairo

Brandon Inge *

Maicer Izturis

Chipper Jones *

Kevin Kouzmanoff

Placido Polanco *

Mark Reynolds *

Scott Rolen

Mark Teahen

Ty Wigginton *

David Wright *

Kevin Youkilis *

* – player whose current contract includes 2013 option

Izturis could be a decent pick up. He wouldn't cost a lot, one of our better RP, not named JJ, or Strop. He is a career 5.4 UZR/150 and a decent .720 OPS bat, with good OBP. Also plays 2B and SS.

Off the top of my head, the Mets will probably be willing to hear offers for either Wright or Lutz. Also the Indians with Hannahan / Chisenhall. But I don't know if the Indians' guys are any better than what we have internally.

This is in addition to Youk and Callaspo which were already mentioned.

The Angels have Trumbo, Pujols, Kendrick, Morales, Aybar, Izturis, and Callaspo. That can't be legal. I must have Callaspo. Izturis would be nice also.

This sounds like a logical target. Not sure which player I want but I think trumbos glove may make him redundant with Reynolds and David

Youkilis is old, he's expensive, he's made of paper, and he isn't a good fielder.

Have you ever actually seen Youkilis play baseball before? I understand that he's often injured, and your chances to see him have been limited in teh last two or three seasons, but he's an excellent player and a solid contributor when he's healthy.

I'd take him in a second, but I definitely hate his guts. :D

Archived