Talked to my guy today....

Belkast

Thanks so much Belkast...I agree and totally believe you--I still think things are setting up very nicely for us in terms of other teams' moves and whatnot. I'm staying confident!

Love your posts dude, always enthusiastic and fun to read, keep it up!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds good. Thanks for the info.

I'm going to hope it's

Bedard for Kemp, LaRoche, Hu and maybe Elbert

Tejada for Wood and Saunders or Weaver if we take on Matthews contract.

Roberts for Hill or Pie and another lesser pitcher

If AM is holding out, this is the type of talent I expect back. We'll see...

It would be interesting to know if there are offers for players other than the three that are most mentioned. How about Hernandez, Millar, Huff etc. ?

I'm not hopeful of anything happening very soon. The winter meetings were a huge disappointment for many of us. The reports of MacPhail being methodical are gross understatements. The guy makes Beattie look like the Road Runner. Hopefully his attention to detail will work out for the best. Although we probably won't find out until anything until next year. Until then we'll just have to take the rumors for what they are worth.

I'm going to hope it's

I would do the Bedard deal in an instant.

LaRoche was just rated the #2 prospect in the Dodgers organization by Baseball America, and Hu was rated #3.

Anytime you can get two of a teams top 3 prospects, plus a young guy with some ML experience, you have to pull the trigger.

The only way I see McPhail turning something like this down would be because he wants a pitcher coming back.

I would do the Bedard deal in an instant.

LaRoche was just rated the #2 prospect in the Dodgers organization by Baseball America, and Hu was rated #3.

Anytime you can get two of a teams top 3 prospects, plus a young guy with some ML experience, you have to pull the trigger.

The only way I see McPhail turning something like this down would be because he wants a pitcher coming back.

I dont think MacPhail would turn it down period. He believes we have solid pitching coming up the system and also, Roberts could be traded for 2 pitchers and no position players.

Thats why I feel like these deals are going to be more "all at once" because are needs are going to be spread out and if we dont get certain trades, we might have to change the packages around.

First off, I do not want to talk about last night in this thread! If anyone wants a explanation please go to the Rants section and read my post.

Now with that said I must start off ny saying For what it's worth..... I have spoken with my guy at length today and everyone still feels very positive about the things that happened at the meetings. Now I won't get into any specifics right now but we have " more then a few good offers" on the table for many of our players, most notably Bedard, Tejada, and Roberts.

I can't say exactly what my guy is saying right now because I want some more information gathering before I post any specifics. I will however tell you that based on MY OPINION as well as the things I have been told, I predict that Bedard still goes to the Dodgers, Roberts goes to the Cubs, and Tejada goes to the Angels.

The FO obviously would have liked to made a deal by now but at the same time we want the right deal. We believe that we are getting much closer to getting the players that we originally wanted from the targeted teams. With that said and I will quote my guy here, "we might be a day or two away or we might be a couple of weeks away, but rest assured we will make some good trades before we are ready to field the team." I asked if he thought it would be before the holidays and he said that they are hoping so.

So, when I know more and I feel that it is the right time to post I will relay the information to everyone on the board.

Now, if you don't like reading what I have posted please put me on ignore as I will do the same for the people I don't want to be reading. BUT please do not ***** and complain about it on the board and keep this board the best that there is!!!!!

I'll believe it when I see it. By the way, that's a shot at the front office, not at you or your source. Haha.

Thanks for the info.

I'm going to hope it's

I don't see the Dodgers giving up that much. The Angels deal may be doable. The Cubs deal looks fair but not sure it'll happen that way.

Thanks Belkast. I can't wait for these dominos to fall in place. It's great AM is holding out and making sure he gets to look at all the teams and what they have to offer, and that he knows what he wants out of these trades. It would make the Holidays that much better to see some trades happen.

First off, I do not want to talk about last night in this thread! If anyone wants a explanation please go to the Rants section and read my post.

Now with that said I must start off ny saying For what it's worth..... I have spoken with my guy at length today and everyone still feels very positive about the things that happened at the meetings. Now I won't get into any specifics right now but we have " more then a few good offers" on the table for many of our players, most notably Bedard, Tejada, and Roberts.

I can't say exactly what my guy is saying right now because I want some more information gathering before I post any specifics. I will however tell you that based on MY OPINION as well as the things I have been told, I predict that Bedard still goes to the Dodgers, Roberts goes to the Cubs, and Tejada goes to the Angels.

The FO obviously would have liked to made a deal by now but at the same time we want the right deal. We believe that we are getting much closer to getting the players that we originally wanted from the targeted teams. With that said and I will quote my guy here, "we might be a day or two away or we might be a couple of weeks away, but rest assured we will make some good trades before we are ready to field the team." I asked if he thought it would be before the holidays and he said that they are hoping so.

So, when I know more and I feel that it is the right time to post I will relay the information to everyone on the board.

Now, if you don't like reading what I have posted please put me on ignore as I will do the same for the people I don't want to be reading. BUT please do not ***** and complain about it on the board and keep this board the best that there is!!!!!

Ok so the news is Bedard to the Dodgers is likely, Brian to the Cubs and Tejada to the Angels. We also have been told that a trade may occur tomorrow, the next day or in a couple of weeks. Well I'll just take that for what it is worth. Thanks.

Belkast, any indication on timeframe for some of these deals?
With that said and I will quote my guy here, "we might be a day or two away or we might be a couple of weeks away, but rest assured we will make some good trades before we are ready to field the team." I asked if he thought it would be before the holidays and he said that they are hoping so.

That is what Belkast said in his opening thread.

Archived