Talked to my guy today....

Belkast

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First off, I do not want to talk about last night in this thread! If anyone wants a explanation please go to the Rants section and read my post.

Now with that said I must start off ny saying For what it's worth..... I have spoken with my guy at length today and everyone still feels very positive about the things that happened at the meetings. Now I won't get into any specifics right now but we have " more then a few good offers" on the table for many of our players, most notably Bedard, Tejada, and Roberts.

I can't say exactly what my guy is saying right now because I want some more information gathering before I post any specifics. I will however tell you that based on MY OPINION as well as the things I have been told, I predict that Bedard still goes to the Dodgers, Roberts goes to the Cubs, and Tejada goes to the Angels.

The FO obviously would have liked to made a deal by now but at the same time we want the right deal. We believe that we are getting much closer to getting the players that we originally wanted from the targeted teams. With that said and I will quote my guy here, "we might be a day or two away or we might be a couple of weeks away, but rest assured we will make some good trades before we are ready to field the team." I asked if he thought it would be before the holidays and he said that they are hoping so.

So, when I know more and I feel that it is the right time to post I will relay the information to everyone on the board.

Now, if you don't like reading what I have posted please put me on ignore as I will do the same for the people I don't want to be reading. BUT please do not ***** and complain about it on the board and keep this board the best that there is!!!!!

First of all, thanks for the info. Second of all, have you heard anything about the M's or SF on Bedard and Tejada?

I still think Bedard goes to the Mariners. Just a hunch though. I don't think even MacPhail could tell you right now where he'll end up, so I don't think we can say any one team is "likely."

Well we say "likely" in the sense that the Dodgers could offer the best package out of anyone. That isnt to say that they will, but they could.

I still think Bedard goes to the Mariners. Just a hunch though. I don't think even MacPhail could tell you right now where he'll end up, so I don't think we can say any one team is "likely."

I think this nails it. Whichever team adds the most to its offer will probably land Bedard. What's key is that we seem to have a couple of teams bidding against each other.

I dont think MacPhail would turn it down period. He believes we have solid pitching coming up the system and also, Roberts could be traded for 2 pitchers and no position players.

Thats why I feel like these deals are going to be more "all at once" because are needs are going to be spread out and if we dont get certain trades, we might have to change the packages around.

Good point! That is one reason I believe we'll have to be patient while they figure out what combination of packages best fill all of our needs. How many of us on here have come up with our own ideal combination of trades to put a star at every position? It took some time didn't it? Well now go back and try to do it with ONLY the guys the other teams are willing to part with. It would be a poor GM that would rush such an important task!

Thanks Belkast! Keep thinking positive buddy we're getting there!

I think this nails it. Whichever team adds the most to its offer will probably land Bedard. What's key is that we seem to have a couple of teams bidding against each other.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think one of the two might be true?

a) in prior years, Flanagan, Beattie, Duquette, etc never would have considered trading these players because Angelos would never have given them the green light.

or

b) if those GM-types somehow received permission to trade these players, they already would have been fleeced in the deal.

Thanks Belkast, MacPhail is making quite a gamble with the Dodgers though because they are after Blanton and Kuroda and if they land Kuroda next week, they will no longer want Bedard. Blanton will cost as much as Bedard most likely because that is the way Beane operates...

We must really feel confident with the other offers for him to gamble like that...

a) in prior years, Flanagan, Beattie, Duquette, etc never would have considered trading these players because Angelos would never have given them the green light.

or

b) if those GM-types somehow received permission to trade these players, they already would have been fleeced in the deal.

Maybe a little of both are true.

What I HOPE is the case is that McPhail has permission to do whatever he wants, but is being a fabulous salesman.

The way I read what Belkast said, i think we may end up walking away with Pie in a BRob trade.
You've made a huge leap in logic, from at least what he has written here, as in publicly on this board.
I will however tell you that based on MY OPINION as well as the things I have been told, I predict that Bedard still goes to the Dodgers, Roberts goes to the Cubs, and Tejada goes to the Angels.

The FO obviously would have liked to made a deal by now but at the same time we want the right deal. We believe that we are getting much closer to getting the players that we originally wanted from the targeted teams.

or

Flanny and Duq had a GREAT deal :

Oswalt / Ensberg / Evertt for Miggy

But Peter nixed the deal !!! Why didn't he let those guys be in charge like "supposedly" he is letting Andy :confused:

Flanny and Duq had a GREAT deal :

Oswalt / Ensberg / Evertt for Miggy

If Peter hadn't nixed the deal !!! Why didn't he let those guys be in charge like "supposedly" he is letting Andy :confused:

Thought it was Houston that nixed that deal when they found out were were flipping Oswalt to the Rangers....Angelos deserves criticism but I hope people make sure it when he deserves it.

You've made a huge leap in logic, from at least what he has written here, as in publicly on this board.

He said he thinks it means we may get Pie. It has to be either him or Hill. Who else could we have originally wanted as the centerpiece of that trade?? I would tend to agree that it's likely MacPhail believes the Cubs will eventually cave on one or the other of those two. If they get Fukudome as they hope to do, Pie becomes much more expendable. I think that's what the O's are hoping happens as well.

Archived