Denard Span

Todd-O

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why? They are filling a need with a solid player and not even trading one of their top 5 prospects.

In my opinion, Alex Meyer has more upside than Gausman. I would trade Tillman for Meyer in a heartbeat. I do not see what others obviously do in Span. He is injury prone, he doesn't have great speed, he doesn't have any power, he has been injured a decent bit recently, he doesn't walk a lot. I don't get it. I think the Nationals made a large mistake. I am envious of what the Twins were able to land for a player like Span.

They wanted an upgrade in the OF and a leadoff hitter. They went out and addressed a need. They have Strasburgh, Zimmerman, and Gonzalez already in the rotation, and have shown they aren't scared to spend money. So, they can sign a SP. And they have pitching depth, so they traded a strength, for a need.

Exactly. They aren't scared to spend money and there are OFs to be had. Why give up a guy who throws 100mph and has as nasty a breaking ball as anyone in the minors? In my opinion, there were far superior options for Washington. Trading Meyer is simply something I would not have done unless I'm getting back an elite talent. Otherwise, I take my chances. That said, people see something in Span that I simply do not. I also happen to value defense at first more than most and Morse is a disaster at 1B while they are going to lose a gold glover. Granted, Morse is a disaster anywhere, but they could have traded him and Detwiler for something I imagine.

I feel for my pops, he isn't pleased either. He is an old school Washington fan.

Exactly. They aren't scared to spend money and there are OFs to be had. Why give up a guy who throws 100mph and has as nasty a breaking ball as anyone in the minors? In my opinion, there were far superior options for Washington. Trading Meyer is simply something I would not have done unless I'm getting back an elite talent. Otherwise, I take my chances. That said, people see something in Span that I simply do not. I also happen to value defense at first more than most and Morse is a disaster at 1B while they are going to lose a gold glover. Granted, Morse is a disaster anywhere, but they could have traded him and Detwiler for something I imagine.

I feel for my pops, he isn't pleased either. He is an old school Washington fan.

I'm not saying it was a good move to trade who they did. But, they traded a strength for a need. They took a risk. I'm thinking they make a huge push for Grienke.

I'm not saying it was a good move to trade who they did. But, they traded a strength for a need. They took a risk. I'm thinking they make a huge push for Grienke.

That would not surprise me. Given Rizzos personality, I was really surprised not to hear that the Nationals were in on Josh Hamilton right away. I was convinced that Washington would enter 2013 with an OF of Hamilton, Harper, Werth. With Spans "team friendly" contract and the young guys the Nationals are going to have to lock up soon, perhaps they figured they had to go cheaper this year. Then again, if they land Greinke, I am going to lose my ---- with envy. Stras, Zimmerman, Gio, Greinke, Norm from Cheers. Having that rotation only 40 miles from Camden yards would make me a little sick.

I guess I just don't see losing Laroche for Span being much of an upgrade for Washington and Meyer blows me away when I have seen him.

Perhaps the Orioles will look into a trade for Espinosa. With Dozzi ready now and Rendon likely moving to 2nd, I would love to know how much Espinosa would cost in prospects. I am probably higher on him than most here though.

That would not surprise me. Given Rizzos personality, I was really surprised not to hear that the Nationals were in on Josh Hamilton right away. I was convinced that Washington would enter 2013 with an OF of Hamilton, Harper, Werth. With Spans "team friendly" contract and the young guys the Nationals are going to have to lock up soon, perhaps they figured they had to go cheaper this year. Then again, if they land Greinke, I am going to lose my ---- with envy. Stras, Zimmerman, Gio, Greinke, Norm from Cheers. Having that rotation only 40 miles from Camden yards would make me a little sick.

I guess I just don't see losing Laroche for Span being much of an upgrade for Washington and Meyer blows me away when I have seen him.

Perhaps the Orioles will look into a trade for Espinosa. With Dozzi ready now and Rendon likely moving to 2nd, I would love to know how much Espinosa would cost in prospects. I am probably higher on him than most here though.

Wow..Grienke, Strasburgh, Gonzalez, Zimmerman. That's a heck of a 1-4, if that did happen. They may only need to score 3 run's a game.

I am very weary about Reimold as well. I don't think this is an injury that is just going to go away in 2 weeks. I would be surprised if he plays a month consecutively at all this year.

Oh she may be weary

Them young girls they do get wearied

Wearing that same old Shaggy dress, yeah yeah

But when she gets weary

Try a little tenderness

Archived