Denard Span

Todd-O

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess we are getting Willingham.

I bet we are in on Willingham as well

Does Britton or Arrieta + Schoop get it done? Too much from us? Not enough?

Twins are clearly trying to rebuild with pitching, but they have a need for a MI like Schoop too.

Twins are clearly trying to rebuild with pitching, but they have a need for a MI like Schoop too.

No way am I including Schoop in a deal for Willingham unless we're making some other trades for young infielders.

In my opinion, Alex Meyer has more upside than Gausman. I would trade Tillman for Meyer in a heartbeat. I do not see what others obviously do in Span. He is injury prone, he doesn't have great speed, he doesn't have any power, he has been injured a decent bit recently, he doesn't walk a lot. I don't get it. I think the Nationals made a large mistake. I am envious of what the Twins were able to land for a player like Span.

Span is coming of a 3.9 WAR season. He has a career .357 OBP and plays exceptional defense in center. He's a good player. Most people are seeing this trade as a win for Washington.

JJ Hardy > Josh Willingham, and we got Hardy for nothing. No way are we giving up an MLB pitcher plus a top prospect. They want to shed payroll and roll the dice on some lower level prospects. It's the Twins Way.

Waaaaaaaay toooooooooooooo muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/JimBowdenESPNxm

JIM BOWDEN ‏@JimBowdenESPNxm

Span ranked sixth in AL by fanning just once in every 9.2 AB's and since 2008 his .357 OBP ranks 10th among all OFers w/ at least 2500pa]

https://twitter.com/AdamKilgoreWP

Adam Kilgore ‏@AdamKilgoreWP

Span's affordability should allow the Nats to spend big on a FA starting pitcher, especially if they just move Morse to first.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Davey Johnson still wants LaRoche for #Nationals, says he was texting him all day, telling him to bring a pen to Davey's golf MORE

This would then mean that Morse is on the trade market. Bringing this topic back to O's related, who would you rather have at 1B, Reynolds or Morse?

JJ Hardy > Josh Willingham, and we got Hardy for nothing. No way are we giving up an MLB pitcher plus a top prospect. They want to shed payroll and roll the dice on some lower level prospects. It's the Twins Way.

Hardy was a unique case because the Twins won the bidding for Nishioka and signed him to a very cheap contract, which made Hardy expendable. He was also coming off an injury prone season.

Archived