Rowell Suspended 50 Games

Can_of_corn

"Drug of abuse" can mean a lot of things besides your conventional pot, coke, heroin, etc. I don't want to speculate on what the guy was going through but I can understand him looking for an escape from everything.

It was a second offense. I have zero sympathy.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your son?

Not literally my son, just a tongue-in-cheek term used because of the fact that I (for whatever reasons) have invested so much emotional stock and loyalty in Rowell since I first saw him play on that day back in 2008.

I do hope he can get his life together and make something of himself, probably outside of baseball. His playing days are over.

Heck I think this probably increases his chances to be honest. He was at zero and if he has a problem maybe he figures it out soon and develops some of the talent he had when he was young, maybe his chances go to .05%. In other words it provides an explaination for how he can be so lost.

From MASNSteve

Billy Rowell tells http://MASNsports.com his 50-game suspension is for marijuana. Tested in March, results in late April and will not appeal.

Rowell said: ""I admit guilt but it is not something I do on a regular basis. This is an unfortunate incident."

Rowell said he doesn't have drug problem ""No, not at all. I rarely drink & I don't smoke on a regular basis. I don't have a drug problem"

Rowell contends MLB said his suspension began May 5. He continues to workout in Sarasota to be a pitcher. Feels he can throw 93-95 mph.

From MASNSteve

Billy Rowell tells http://MASNsports.com his 50-game suspension is for marijuana. Tested in March, results in late April and will not appeal.

Rowell said: ""I admit guilt but it is not something I do on a regular basis. This is an unfortunate incident."

Rowell said he doesn't have drug problem ""No, not at all. I rarely drink & I don't smoke on a regular basis. I don't have a drug problem"

Rowell contends MLB said his suspension began May 5. He continues to workout in Sarasota to be a pitcher. Feels he can throw 93-95 mph.

No real harm here. And no burnt bridge, as far as I'm concerned.

Archived