Antonelli Claimed By Yankees

Brendan25

Stupid move... of course there's always going to be the people on here who see anyone who's not a proven star at the ML level as worthless.

At the same time, there will always be people on here that get really upset over minor moves like this. Remember how we aquired him and know there are a ton of guys in the minors that will be around next year for us to sign.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe wildcard had him down for a .350 OBP on the 25-man roster this season. So much for that. I liked his blog, so I'm sorry to lose him, but he wasn't too impressive in AAA so I'm not losing any sleep over this.

And we already have 3 guys ahead of him right now. Its not that hard to find that type of player.

But there was no reason to give him up.

This isn't a case of having to make a tough decision on whom to keep.

They just had to move Roberts, who will not be ready to play before 60 days have expired, to the 60 day DL.

But there was no reason to give him up.

This isn't a case of having to make a tough decision on whom to keep.

They just had to move Roberts, who will not be ready to play before 60 days have expired, to the 60 day DL.

I understand your stance. I just don't care that we lost him. We have 3 other guys on the ML roster right now that are ahead of him. If that wasn't the case, I would be a little more upset. But since we do have similar players on the ML roster, I don't care.

Big deal. Antonelli couldn't get it done at AAA. I don't think he'll get it done at the ML level, if he even gets to that level again

I agree completely that Antonelli getting claimed is not a big deal at all, that ballpark masks the performance of both pitchers and hitters. It can be hard to evaluate how well someone is doing. He definitely wasn't doing well I think we can all agree, but just saying.

I do agree with CanofCorn's premise-it is just plain silly Robert isn't on the 60-Day and hasn't been this whole time.

Can't they buy him a ticket like right behind home plate for each game?

It's not the same thing. I think they also want him doing workouts on the field prior to the game as well. Is that allowed if you are on the 60-day DL?

It's not about the player, it is about the decision making process.

Why make moves that you don't have to make? Britton and/or Roberts* should be on the 60-day.

DD is perfectly willing to get rid of MiL players that's for sure. Sometimes strangely so (e.g. Snyder for cash so they can make room for Jai Miller)

*perhaps Britton will be back before 60 days and perhaps Roberts can't be on the 60-day and travel with the team (though I haven't seen that confirmed) and traveling with the team might be a necessary part of his process of getting well.

It's not about the player, it is about the decision making process.

Why make moves that you don't have to make? Britton and/or Roberts* should be on the 60-day.

DD is perfectly willing to get rid of MiL players that's for sure. Sometimes strangely so (e.g. Snyder for cash so they can make room for Jai Miller)

*perhaps Britton will be back before 60 days and perhaps Roberts can't be on the 60-day and travel with the team (though I haven't seen that confirmed) and traveling with the team might be a necessary part of his process of getting well.

So are you saying that you disagree or that none of us really know how we should feel based on your disclaimer?

Yawn.

Interesting to note... But.... I don't care. Everyone is hating in BRob. But according to that sun article, he's probably getting ready for some game action after this road trip. How about some positive thoughts.... He could be a huge addition to the squad!

This strikes me as dumb, especially since he landed up with the Yankees. He plain and simple gets on base; even this year he had an OBP of.350. Last year in Triple A he hit .297 with a .460 slugging percentage and he only just turned 27.

Pulling the string on him this early seems ridiculous; in some ways I like him better than Flaherty and Tolleson... And now the Yankees have him. Ugh.

Archived