Deals will get done if...

bigbird

I know what BRob is and I know what type of player he is....That being said, he needs to be dealt.

My biggest concern with losing Roberts is his lead-off ablility. I don't see any of the players we're looking to get back that would fill that void. Having said that I would still deal him. I can see him sitting down to dinner with PA like Melvin did for his negotiations and Brian saying thanks for the support but if you really like me you'll send me to contending club.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kemp, Hu, and LaRoche for Bedard.

Then trade Miggy to Anaheim for Adenhart and someone not named Wood.

Get rid of Mora, send him to Philly for whatever they want. Preferably Cole Hamels, but if they say no, then some Double-A fodder.

So a declining old third baseman for an ace-in-the-making pitcher.. Come on now, we would be lucky to get back Gavin Floyd.

I disagree about the Kemp/Kershaw choice, but agree with you regarding Wood / Hu.

Will the Angels give up either Adenhart or Wood for Tejada? If so, and the Dodgers will give up 4 guys for Bedard, I go with Bedard for Kershaw, Ethier, LaRoche, and Hu and Tejada for Wood and Figgins. The ship Roberts and Figgins to Chicago for Pie, Veal/Gallagher, and Patterson/Thomas/Cedeno.

C - Hernandez (Wieters)

1B - Moore (Teixeira?)

2B - Patterson/Thomas/Cedeno

SS - Hu

3B - LaRoche

LF - Ethier

CF - Pie

RF - Markakis

That's beautiful Mackus..... if only....

I disagree about the Kemp/Kershaw choice, but agree with you regarding Wood / Hu.

Will the Angels give up either Adenhart or Wood for Tejada? If so, and the Dodgers will give up 4 guys for Bedard, I go with Bedard for Kershaw, Ethier, LaRoche, and Hu and Tejada for Wood and Figgins. The ship Roberts and Figgins to Chicago for Pie, Veal/Gallagher, and Patterson/Thomas/Cedeno.

C - Hernandez (Wieters)

1B - Moore (Teixeira?)

2B - Patterson/Thomas/Cedeno

SS - Hu

3B - LaRoche

LF - Ethier

CF - Pie

RF - Markakis

I don't think the angels want to trade Figgins...I read something recently that they really like him and I definitely don't see them doing the deal your proposed.

In a perfect world(for me), the Cubs will get Fukudome and then we get Pie and Gallagher for BRob.

We trade Tejada for Wood and Santana or Saunders.

Bedard is dealt for Kemp, LaRoche, McDonald and Hu.

C- Hernandez(assuming he can't be dealt)

1st- Moore

2nd- Hu

SS- Wood

3rd- LaRoche

LF- Kemp

CF- Pie

RF- Markakis

DH- Millar

If Millar is dealt, great...I would then offer up Liz for Gomes to DH.

Rotation is:

Loewen

Guthrie

DCab

Olson, Penn, Saunders/Santana, Gallagher all fighting for final 2 spots. Losers to the pen.

McDonald ready by mid-late season.

I would also look into the possibility of trading a guy like Olson or DCab and someone like Hoey for Votto and move Moore into the super UTI role.

Not doubting you but I find it interesting he checks in with Angelos 2-3 times a day. Trust to me is saying you have $100 million to work with...do your stuff and bring me a championship.

On the other hand, I too would probably be involved if I had a $300 million product.:P

Sure, but if you read his quote he said he has done that with every owner he has worked for.

AM wouldn't be entertaining a BRob trade if he didn't think he had the authority to do so. If he goes to PA and says I really need to do this trade to accaomplish what we need to accomplish and PA says no; I think PA is looking at AM's resignation. Just think of the mess that would be, especially if Bedard and Tejada have already been traded. I don't think PA is that stupid.
Believe it or not, we're basically in agreement. IF parameters were established, than trading or not trading Roberts would be a part of them. As such, MacPhail would be wasting a lot of his time, and other team's time to work out a trade if not approved in advance. The follow-up is when F&D pursued such a trade last year, they either didn't have such parameters established (which is inherently dumb) or decided to ignore them in the hope of changing PA's mind (good luck there).

Kemp w/o Kershaw vs. Ethier with Kershaw is an interesting choice. For me, a lot would depend on the other players involved. Any idea who they might be?

What do we need back more a high end hitting prospect or a high end pitching prospect? I for one would take my chance with Kemp and a P like Meloan/Mcdonald.

Snowball, meet Hell. Billingsley is much more valuable than Kershaw.

I'm not a fan of having a pitching prospect as the centerpiece... and I'm definitely not a fan of Andre Ethier, who is going to be twenty-six next year. And I'm not a fan of Matt Kemp's twenty-five walks in 446 at-bats. If he can play center field, that's different, but would we play him there? Can he play a decent CF?

Honestly, I think we should be exploring Seattle and Cincy some more before we pull the trigger here. Seattle reportedly offered Jones and Morrow for Santana. If they realize that Bedard is more valuable, we could possibly expand that to Jones, Balentien and Triunfel.

But with the Dodgers, if it must be done, I guess I'd go for Kemp, LaRoche, Hu, and one of the pitchers. LaRoche and Hu are basically necessary. Of course, we might very well trade for Wood, in which case, who plays where? Hu, Wood, LaRoche-- I imagine Hu would take SS. Could LaRoche go to left? Wood to first or DH?

And... have there been any rumors outside of bigbird's thread a few days ago that we're actually interested in Hu? Don't see his name pop up very often...

There was a long discussion about Wood's defense in another thread. I've read his defense is better then some give him credit for. My question is IF Hu can play 2b and we put Wood at SS are we losing some of Hu's great defensive value by putting him at 2b.

C- Hernandez(assuming he can't be dealt)

1st- Moore

2nd- Hu

SS- Wood

3rd- LaRoche

LF- Kemp

CF- Pie

RF- Markakis

DH- Millar

Yum... replace Millar with Reimold in the next year sometime, then throw in Weiters, Snyder, and Rowell in the year or two after? Money.

Agree 100%. Bedard is the first major piece because we'll get the best return. The other trades can fill in the gaps and show what other lower-tier FAs we might need.

I disagree 100%. I think Tejada has limited suitors and what we will get for him is narrow in focus. I think once we know what we are going to get for Tejada the easier it is to focus on what we need for Bedard.

Trading Bedard first can give us so many multiple scenarios and roster spot coverage but it may limit our Tejada trades by creating a redundancy we don't desire.

We need to figure who the centerpieces are to be in each deal and work from there. For instance, if we know we aren't getting Wood from the Angels but can have Adenhart and from the Cubs we won't get Pie but we could get Rich Hill, all of a sudden our premium focus with the Dodgers needs to be on position players and Kemp, LaRoche and Hu need to be the primary focus.

I we can get Wood and Pie but no high tier pitchers, we need to go after Kershaw and Ethier and LaRoche with the Dodgers. No real need for Hu unless we want him to play 2nd base.

Kemp, Hu, and LaRoche for Bedard.

Then trade Miggy to Anaheim for Adenhart and someone not named Wood.

Get rid of Mora, send him to Philly for whatever they want. Preferably Cole Hamels, but if they say no, then some Double-A fodder.

If we trade Mora for Hamels, I stop following this team. I can't support a team with a GM who obviously drugs other GMs' drinks/blackmails/has mob connections.

There was a long discussion about Wood's defense in another thread. I've read his defense is better then some give him credit for. My question is IF Hu can play 2b and we put Wood at SS are we losing some of Hu's great defensive value by putting him at 2b.

Wood's defense is better than some think (many just assume it must be bad since he is so good offensively, which is not the case), but it is not as good as Hu's. Hu made it through the minors almost solely on his sparkling defensive reputation until 2007 when the bat finally clicked.

Hu would play SS. As for what to do with anyone else (Wood, LaRoche, Moore), it's a nice problem to have.

Archived