Sun:Grimsley names 3 O's in banned drug case

TWpj

It could get much worse for the federal agent for "pressuring" names through suggestions... and possibly leading Grimsley to perjury.

Like MurphDogg said.. I call shenanigans until someone fails a drug test. The public may boo Bonds about it, but he's a slimeball anyway.

Players I don't believe are Pettitte and Roberts.

I'm inclined to agree with you on just about all of this.

There's the whole "Where there's smoke..." correlation to look at, too. And with Tejada, there's a LOT of smoke right now.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like how right after he was caught, we all assumed everything he said was a lie, but as soon as he names names, people (thankfully not all of us), assume he's telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

It could get much worse for the federal agent for "pressuring" names through suggestions... and possibly leading Grimsley to perjury.
Grimsley has some of the best legal representation that money can buy. I'm sure no federal agent "pressured" him somehow into committing perjury.

Well if we are going to have a team of users we might as well sign Sheffield and Bonds in the offseason. That might work as an advantage for us. The press wouldn't know who to cover...

Yeah.. can't do things half way. Aren't Pettitte and Clemens available too?

I like how right after he was caught, we all assumed everything he said was a lie, but as soon as he names names, people (thankfully not all of us), assume he's telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

Grimsley's out of baseball - what does he have to gain by lying other than facing purgery charges?

What the hell am I supposed to tell my six-year-old nephew who idolizes Brian Roberts?

I will wait to see how this story develops, but right now... I don't know if I could step foot in Camden Yards again if all this is true.

Either there is some gross injustice here, or it seems as though literally all baseball players have been on the juice.

Naming names is one thing, but having proof is a whole other thing!

Correct - anyone can name names. Tejada was already cleared last year in the Palmeiro mess.

Newspapers need to move on from this. There are more important things to cover than steroids in baseball. It's overplayed and overcovered. Same goes for Congress.

What the hell am I supposed to tell my six-year-old nephew who idolizes Brian Roberts?

I will wait to see how this story develops, but right now... I don't know if I could step foot in Camden Yards again if all this is true.

Either there is some gross injustice here, or it seems as though literally all baseball players have been on the juice.

You're going to give up your allegiance based on heresay and conjecture?

Archived