Sun:Grimsley names 3 O's in banned drug case

TWpj

As far as im concerned, nothing has been proven and nothing can be proven from the past about this so if I was tejada,roberts, or gibby I wouldn't care.

Exactly, they may have used, I'm not discounting that possibility, but it can't be proven and it shouldn't have any bearing in 2007.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That BRob gained a competitive LEGAL(in baseball) advantage that practically everyone else was doing.

You can also tell him that Roberts has the best work ethic on baseball and trains very hard.

THis is much ado about nothin.

"LEGAL" ????

Taking anabolic steroids has never been "legal" in baseball.

That is a terrible thing to tell a kid.

You tell the kid that many players took unnecessary health risks by taking drugs that they shouldn't have to get an unfair advantage. And this player (Roberts) has been accused of it. IF he turns out to be guilty he will be held responsible for his actions........

That is what you tell the kid who idolizes Roberts.

The "shooting the messenger" theme in this thread reminds me of when Jose Canseco came out with his accusations.

Are any of you really surprised at the mention of any player and roids/hgh ?

As far as a positive test goes- there isnt one for hgh. And as far as testing for steroids goes, until this year the players knew well in advance when they would be tested. It was a joke. Only the total idiots could be caught.

Its front page on the Los Angeles Times news site. Seems like this story was broken by the Times. I'm sure other publications will pick it up soon.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-clemens1oct01,0,6499528.story?coll=la-home-headlines

I wonder if Congress will subpoena all these guys too? And I wonder if we have a bunch of folks taking the fifth if they do appear to testify in front of Congress?

I call BS on this until proven true. Gibbons and Roberts work their ass off during the offseason, and have been model citizens. Some journeyman relief pitcher who is busted for drugs is intimidated into naming names. And his camp is claiming he never did. They tried to use him as a mole to dig up info on Bonds. There's a serious credibility gap here!

Just because we were burned by our faith in Palmeiro, I don't think it's even remotely fair to assume guilt for Roberts and Gibbons. They have been wonderful representatives for the O's. If I'm in the FO I come out tomorrow in strong defense of these guys and talk about a Roberts extension. This steroid mania is out of hand. It's McCarthyism when we just assume it's true because somebody was "named" by a party who is themselves guilty.

Grimsley has no credibility. While it wouldn't surprise me if he was right about certain players, I think he's mostly blowing smoke up our behinds. Didn't Jay Gibbons once willingly volunteer to take a drug test through the media, or am I thinking of another Oriole? I think Grimsley is just trying to drag some names through the mud in order to deflect a lot of unwanted attention on himself.

If you want to blame anyone blame Bud "Light" Selig for being a coward and looking the other way, he knew exactly what was happening.

"Jason is loyal to the death, a hard-headed guy who would not give up his friends," WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP!! He caved to the Feds right away without a lawyer. Anyone who gives up someone to save their own ass is a rat. Grimsley is a rat and rats are notorious liars. Doesn't mean they weren't using but it says alot about Grimsley's lack of character.

Good luck in prison Grimsley, I'm sure someone will have your back.......

Thought I'd bring this back to peruse... just to see if there is a possibility to match the black marks with the names that have come out.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0607061grimsley1.html

It'd be really hard to do. My suggestion is to figure out what size font/ font style they use and see if the names fit onto the page. It's a stupid idea though, but then again I've been drinking a bit.

Archived