Sun:Grimsley names 3 O's in banned drug case

TWpj

If you want to blame anyone blame Bud "Light" Selig for being a coward and looking the other way, he knew exactly what was happening.

"Jason is loyal to the death, a hard-headed guy who would not give up his friends," WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP!! He caved to the Feds right away without a lawyer. Anyone who gives up someone to save their own ass is a rat. Grimsley is a rat and rats are notorious liars. Doesn't mean they weren't using but it says alot about Grimsley's lack of character.

Good luck in prison Grimsley, I'm sure someone will have your back.......

If Grimsley really was a rat, then he aint going to jail.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Grimsley has no credibility. While it wouldn't surprise me if he was right about certain players, I think he's mostly blowing smoke up our behinds. Didn't Jay Gibbons once willingly volunteer to take a drug test through the media, or am I thinking of another Oriole? I think Grimsley is just trying to drag some names through the mud in order to deflect a lot of unwanted attention on himself.

People thought Canseco had no credibility.

I'm not saying Grimsley is 100% correct, but I don't see how we can sit here and claim that he has NO credibility when the vast majority of us have never graced a major league clubhouse or even sniffed the contents of any lockers.

Grimsley is a journeyman reliever, he never set any records and he never did anything great. He's going to be an afterthought in MLB history and this thing has made him more famous than he ever would have been for playing baseball. There's no reason for him to lie here.

Again, people thought Canseco had no credibility.

Grimsley has no credibility. While it wouldn't surprise me if he was right about certain players

Of course, as long as "certain" players aren't Orioles. :rolleyes:

I call BS on this until proven true. Gibbons and Roberts work their ass off during the offseason, and have been model citizens. Some journeyman relief pitcher who is busted for drugs is intimidated into naming names. And his camp is claiming he never did. They tried to use him as a mole to dig up info on Bonds. There's a serious credibility gap here!

Calling it BS until proven true is fair. But, all players work their azzes off in the offseason. In fact- taking PED's give you more bang for the buck for those workouts. Credibility gap ? Who has a credibility gap ? The Feds ?

No one has a bigger credibility gap on this issue than MLB players.

Of course, as long as "certain" players aren't Orioles. :rolleyes:

Calling it BS until proven true is fair. But, all players work their azzes off in the offseason. In fact- taking PED's give you more bang for the buck for those workouts. Credibility gap ? Who has a credibility gap ? The Feds ?

No one has a bigger credibility gap on this issue than MLB players.

Isn't like 50% of the reason to take HGH is because it allows them to work our harder?

People thought Canseco had no credibility.

I'm not saying Grimsley is 100% correct, but I don't see how we can sit here and claim that he has NO credibility when the vast majority of us have never graced a major league clubhouse or even sniffed the contents of any lockers.

Grimsley is a journeyman reliever, he never set any records and he never did anything great. He's going to be an afterthought in MLB history and this thing has made him more famous than he ever would have been for playing baseball. There's no reason for him to lie here.

Again, people thought Canseco had no credibility.

Good point, I do believe him to be honest. But, much like a lot of you, I really am not surprised nor do i care. If Grimsley had played on other teams, their guys would have been named. A lot of players were doing it, Grimsley got caught and he happened to play here for a while. Doesnt make it right, but that's what happened in my opinion.

I'm inclined to agree with you on just about all of this.

There's the whole "Where there's smoke..." correlation to look at, too. And with Tejada, there's a LOT of smoke right now.

And has been...This is still the tip of the iceberg.

I am saddened but the poster who referred to Grimsley lying while cooperating was correct. I am sure we will continue to hear denials.

The Sun writers have their version out, complete with quotes...

Tejada...

"I don't pay attention to what [Grimsley said]," Tejada said. "I know that I've never had a problem with that. I know that I've never used that and I know I am clean.

"I don't worry about anybody who puts me in that stuff. I'll get checked out for anybody, any time, any moment--whenever they want."

Gibbons...

Gibbons said: "I have passed every test administered by Major League Baseball over all the years. And I am not going to dignify these claims and accusations with any further response."

Mike Flanagan...

"I haven't seen it yet, so as of right now I can't comment on it," Flanagan said during a telephone interview. "It wouldn't be fair at this time. We have to see what context this is all in."

Comment from Grimsley's lawyer...

Edward Novak, Grimsley's lawyer, did not return calls. Previously, Novak publicly disputed the claims that investigators made in the affidavit, saying that his client did not volunteer the names of any teammates. He said federal agents asked Grimsley to wear a recording device to gather evidence against San Francisco Giants slugger Barry Bonds, but Grimsley refused.

If Grimsley really was a rat, then he aint going to jail.

Not the way I read the affadavit. No attorney present, find it hard to believe he cut a deal himself. If you are ever suspected of wrongdoing or caught in the act, cops are not your friend-ask for a lawyer. Very good chance he goes to jail, and he just used his "get out of jail free" card.

Not the way I read the affadavit. No attorney present, find it hard to believe he cut a deal himself. If you are ever suspected of wrongdoing or caught in the act, cops are not your friend-ask for a lawyer. Very good chance he goes to jail, and he just used his "get out of jail free" card.

Or maybe the feds exposed him as a rat by naming the players themselves?

What the hell am I supposed to tell my six-year-old nephew who idolizes Brian Roberts?

I will wait to see how this story develops, but right now... I don't know if I could step foot in Camden Yards again if all this is true.

Either there is some gross injustice here, or it seems as though literally all baseball players have been on the juice.

And it is sad.

Whether or not someone used in the past, we may never know.

Unless I see some failed test results, in my mind this is a case of Grimsley running his mouth.

Nice of you to pull your head out of the sand long enough to write a post.

:D

You won't see many failed drug tests. The athletes have the money to stay ahead of the testing technology. That was the beauty of BALCO's "The Cream" and "The Clear"- undetectable lotions.

The union negotiated the terms. Until the new rules this year- the players were notified months in advance when they would be tested. Now, they are switching to hgh for which there is no reliable test and other "hi tech" designer drugs.

Olympics, MLB and other sport leagues should combine their resources to combat the problem internationally and come up with INTL standards.

If you want to blame anyone blame Bud "Light" Selig for being a coward and looking the other way, he knew exactly what was happening.

"Jason is loyal to the death, a hard-headed guy who would not give up his friends," WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP!! He caved to the Feds right away without a lawyer. Anyone who gives up someone to save their own ass is a rat. Grimsley is a rat and rats are notorious liars. Doesn't mean they weren't using but it says alot about Grimsley's lack of character.

Good luck in prison Grimsley, I'm sure someone will have your back.......

Blaming Selig for this has some flaws. I know he knew what was going on but if you think in the middle of labor peace that he was going to go to the union for steroid testing they would of laughed in his face. Keep in mind none of the big stories that came out were before the 2002 labor agreement. If I was the commissioner I would of done the same thing he did, wait until the labor agreement came up and then add testing. Canseco and Balco blew this thing up. Had Selig came out and made a big deal out of adding steroid testing during labor peace he would of been a fool. It would of looked stupid to discredit what was going on. I just love the timing of this, right before the playoffs. The national media will love it while they continue to kiss the NFL's butt. I am not defending MLB with steroids but it is rampant everywhere.

Archived