Brian Roberts starting in Bowie tomorrow night

accinfo

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I doubt Roberts will be able to play defense as well as Andino, but I have confidence that he can at least match his .681 OPS. I'm really looking forward to seeing him play again...even if he's not the player he used to be.

If Roberts stays healthy and can play well, it's more about Andino playing better defense at 3B then whoever we have there now I think.

I am predicting that Brob will be a huge boost to the team. I look for him being back to give us a near 800 OPS with solid D from a semi platoon with Andino at second.

His defense wasn't solid back in 2009. Why would you think it has improved since then?

His defense wasn't solid back in 2009. Why would you think it has improved since then?

Roberts isn't a "GG caliber" 2B, but 2009 represents his one negative UZR year and his UZR/150 in 2010 was 5.3. He may not come back "solid," but historically he's been "solid."

Roberts isn't a "GG caliber" 2B, but 2009 represents his one negative UZR year and his UZR/150 in 2010 was 5.3. He may not come back "solid," but historically he's been "solid."

He was above average in '07, slightly below in '08 and bad in '09. Looks like a trend to me. '10-'11 were too small a sample size to be useful.

Well it has been a magical year for the Orioles. Wouldn't it be something if Roberts could come back as good as he ever was? IMO, that would put us over the top. I think Andino, in the little bit I have seen him play third, is as good defensively over there as anybody I have seen with an Orioles uniform on in a long time. I can dream if I want to.

I don't want to be the one to ask, but do they steroid test when someone isn't actively playing? Obviously steroids don't help you come back from a concussion, but it would be a convenient time to heal just about the entire rest of your body. More of a broad question than just BRob specific.

I don't want to be the one to ask, but do they steroid test when someone isn't actively playing? Obviously steroids don't help you come back from a concussion, but it would be a convenient time to heal just about the entire rest of your body. More of a broad question than just BRob specific.

I am sure folks on the 40 man roster get tested.

My money goes on him being injured again by July

As sad as I am to say, I agree with this. I'm rooting hard for him to succeed but I have a hard time buying that he'll just snap back into place with everything he's been through.

Here's hoping I'm wrong.

Sometimes the comments on this site drive me nuts. People must get out their eight ball and make predictions of injuries or failure. Here is a guy that was fun to watch and one of the few consistent players have had over the last several years. He came back after a serious arm injury and played better. Was asked to improve hitting from the right side, he did. Can't supposed O's fans just wish him well and let he prove himself one way or another. GOOD LUCK BRIAN!!!

Archived