For what it's worth......

Belkast

Isn't Murrow a couple years away or am I confusing him with someone else?

Morrow was an early 1st round draft pick out of college. He was drafted to be a starter but he pitched so well in spring training that he managed to make the Mariner's big league club right off the bat. He pitched the entire year as a major piece of the M's bullpen' date=' which was a very good bullpen. Overall he had a very good year, although his WHIP is a bit high.

Career Stats - no minor league experience.

I believe that the M's plan, if they keep Morrow, is to put him in the rotation this year. Their decision to allow him to make the team last year, as a reliever, was a good decision for the 07 M's but it has probably hurt Morrow's value as he has not had the opportunity to dominate AA or AAA pitching - assuming, of course, that he would have done so if given the chance.

Also, for the record, I do not think that the M's will trade both Jones and Balentien in any deal. As of right now, with Jose Guillen gone, they are expecting one of those two to be in the opening day lineup.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which deal would you prefer?

Bailey, Votto, and Hamilton or Kershaw, Ethier, and LaRoche.

Not saying they are offered/possible, just wondering which deal you would like the O's to make.

SP, 1B, and CF fill our needs with our farm more than SP, LF, and 3b, but I personally value LaRoche and Kershaw much more than Bailey and Votto. Hamilton is more valuable than Ethier.

I prefer the Cincy deal, but not by a lot. They are close.

Ask me tomorrow and I might flip-flop and say the LAD deal. :P

Which deal would you prefer?

Bailey, Votto, and Hamilton or Kershaw, Ethier, and LaRoche.

Not saying they are offered/possible, just wondering which deal you would like the O's to make.

SP, 1B, and CF fill our needs with our farm more than SP, LF, and 3b, but I personally value LaRoche and Kershaw much more than Bailey and Votto. Hamilton is more valuable than Ethier.

My preference has always been to deal with the Dodgers.

I am a firm believer that we have backed off Kemp to try to get this done which might better set us up for other moves.

I see it being Kershaw (becomes our #1 prospect instantly), LaRoche (replaces Mora) and Ethier (LF with power .800+ OPS)

Not a great deal for the O's IMO.

1) 19 YO pitcher with 159 pro innings; super-high ceiling but still a question mark by definition;

2) 24-YO with league-corrected AAA OPS of probably around .920, high ceiling but health questions;

3) 26-YO OF who will probably top out slightly above AL average OPS for his position.

I would really want somebody who could step in and be great right away; if that's not in the cards, then a fourth piece -- Hu, Elbert, McDonald, somebody --to help offset the risk that we get more out of the deal than one slight-better-than-average OFer.

I have to admit that I lust after Adam Jones. If Kemp's not coming back, I'd rather the O's looked about 1400 miles north.

1) 19 YO pitcher with 159 pro innings; super-high ceiling but still a question mark by definition;

2) 24-YO with league-corrected AAA OPS of probably around .920, high ceiling but health questions;

3) 26-YO OF who will probably top out slightly above AL average OPS for his position.

I would really want somebody who could step in and be great right away; if that's not in the cards, then a fourth piece -- Hu, Elbert, McDonald, somebody --to help offset the risk that we get more out of the deal than one slight-better-than-average OFer.

I have to admit that I lust after Adam Jones. If Kemp's not coming back, I'd rather the O's looked about 1400 miles north.

I totally agree.

Kershaw has a very high upside but mlb history is littered with thousands of pitchers just like him who flamed out. He is too far out to project. And being named #4 prospect by MiLB didn't do us any favors by hyping him and making his value go even higher.

The back problems of LaRoche are a concern.

I would insist on Kemp, Hu (the more I read about him the more I like him), and Meloan (or McDonald). Anything beyond that is gravy.

I think it is unluckly and unwanted to get back a player that will be an all-star next season. If those 3 are there AM has to take it.

I heard something about LaRoche playing for Team USA and just tearing the cover off the ball. Anyone have any details on this?

Archived