Heyman: Oswalt on O's radar

ChaosLex

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oswalt said he changed from rangers to highest bidder (I think I read that on Prohardballtalk). I don't think he's in our price range especially with teams who could throw out 13 mil without caring.

Our payroll this year is right around the $82 million mark, right? We can afford Oswalt.

According to Gerry Fraley of the Dallas Morning News, the Rangers have signed Roy Oswalt.

The terms of the deal haven't been revealed. Oswalt drew interest from the Red Sox, Phillies, Dodgers, Orioles and Cardinals before ultimately agreeing to a contract with Texas. He'll likely need a couple weeks to get in pitching shape, then another week or two of rehab games. Look for the 34-year-old right-hander to join the Rangers' rotation sometime in late June. Related: Rangers

Source: Dallas Morning News May 29 - 4:40 PM

According to Gerry Fraley of the Dallas Morning News, the Rangers have signed Roy Oswalt.

The terms of the deal haven't been revealed. Oswalt drew interest from the Red Sox, Phillies, Dodgers, Orioles and Cardinals before ultimately agreeing to a contract with Texas. He'll likely need a couple weeks to get in pitching shape, then another week or two of rehab games. Look for the 34-year-old right-hander to join the Rangers' rotation sometime in late June. Related: Rangers

Source: Dallas Morning News May 29 - 4:40 PM

Not surprising once Feliz went down.

Bummer. Hopefully Britton comes back strong in Early June, Matusz and Arrieta get their act together, and we don't regret going with our homegrown arms.

If we are still in this at the end of June, I could definitely see a move being made...even if all three of those guys are pitching well.

Archived