Jones getting extension possibly???

mcneck

I have this twisted scenario in my head where Jones ends up having a ridiculous career year this year and then goes back to being a 3-ish win player the rest of the contract. Probably not realistic, but I could see it happening.

Of course, if he goes off for an MVP season this year then, assuming our pitching holds up, we're probably printing tickets in mid-October, so I doubt anyone complains.

One thing at a time, Papa Bear. For the first time in 15 years, let's get a winning season under our belts before we start worrying about Adam Jones breaking out in 2012, and then going in the tank in 2013. :eek::)

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm fine with it (the extension and the salary). I actually thought it might take a more dollars. I was for a trade (until recently) before the Orioles began to make me believe in a winning season and possible playoff hopes. It's still early but the first shot has been fired. DD apparently is trying to build a winner more rapidly than the 3-4 year timeframe many expected.

How about this quote:

?We want to win. It's been 14-15 years of getting your [butt] kicked here,? Jones said. ?I've been [here] four [years] getting my [butt] kicked. It?s not fun.?

Classic.

...and ride on for the hanging.....AJ has arrived!

really do want to talk to him about a lot of different things that I have ideas of,” Jones said. “See what is the goal. What do we want to do here? If I’m a part of it, I’m a part of it. We’re adults, and I do want to meet with him.”

To be specific

Can't get closer without a press conference. Or so I am told.

Without breaching a trust, I am told it is just language at this point.

But take that for what it is worth. Adam said on MASN that he does not want to jinx it.

They just said on the news that Adam has taken a physical ....Im guessing a announcement tonight at the game.

He took it Thursday and confirmed it on air last evening. He just does not want to talk about it. He has gotten ahead of himself in the past on a few things. I think he is maturing that way as well.

Archived