Lew Ford?!

markdublya

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We may see Lew in Baltimore per DD. An answer to one of the questions at the fan meeting today.

"They were asked about Lew Ford and the good stats he is posting at Triple-A.

"You picked a good one because Buck and I were talking about Lew Ford yesterday. We actually drafted him in Boston and traded him to Minnesota. He can play all three outfield positions. He's a good on-base man and he's got some power. You may see him up here," Duquette said.

Silent James has an even better recap in the Orioles Talk section.

I hope he is on the field tomorrow. The offense is sputtering, and back to their 2+ double plays every game that are killing possible rallies. We need him now, DD.

He will be on the field tomorrow. In Toledo.

This guy should have been up here a while ago. We really need to find a way to get Flaherty to Norfolk.

Flaherty isn't the issue; I see his value as a young guy who if given the opportunity could be a decent player. Tolleson is a nice defensive infield bench option. Pearce has a decent bat. Chavez would be at the only natural outfielder not named Adam Jones.

The O's could easily part with Nick Johnson and bring up Ford. They are both over the hill guys and play the same position (DH).

Lew Ford was 0-5 today. His team had 32 hits. Or so it seemed.

Baseball's weird sometimes. He was the only player in the Norfolk lineup without a hit during that hit barrage. McLouth and Hall had three apiece.

Lew Ford was 0-5 today. His team had 32 hits. Or so it seemed.

He hits well in close games. He likes to showboat that way, play the hero. "Look everyone. I got the game-winning hit."

In a blowout, he decides that he is above all that stuff. So like a conceited little punk, he refuses to take part in the onslaught and goes hitless for the whole game.

Lew Ford is flat-out a bad person, no question about it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived