Have the Orioles hit their ceiling?

Frobby

Still a upgrade at 3B (Headley) would help the team cut down on the monster error pace and reduce the runs needed to win some games.

Absolutely. Headley is the one guy I'd really like to see us add to improve our team. I know a lot of people are clamoring for Oswalt, but I'd rather just have Arietta improve instead.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pardon? What does small samples have to do with this discussion?

You asked him why he would make a pronouncement about the rest of the season now. Your insinuation is that we are only 47 games into the season, hence, the sample size that he is making his pronouncement of our fate for the remaining 115 games that are to be played is too small to draw any conclusions from.

Absolutely. Headley is the one guy I'd really like to see us add to improve our team. I know a lot of people are clamoring for Oswalt, but I'd rather just have Arietta improve instead.

If the choices are Oswalt and Arietta improving of course I take Arietta improving.

The choice might be between Oswalt and Arietta remaining wildly inconsistent.

I suppose if you think Reynolds will not be able to hit like he is capable, Britton won't be effective, Matusz ans Arritieta will remain inconsistent, Wieters will never get hot with bat again, and the bullpen will regress to the mean then yes, we probably hit our ceiling

If the choices are Oswalt and Arietta improving of course I take Arietta improving.

The choice might be between Oswalt and Arietta remaining wildly inconsistent.

Yeah...the way I worded that was pretty stupid. I guess my point was that we have a possible in-house solution in the rotation, but I don't see any for 3B.

10 games over .500 is great! Are we that spoiled already?

If we're 70-60 at the end of August, we'll get to experience the first meaningful September in 15 years. Do you people realize how awesome that will be? This site will be off the chain!

Of course the trick will be going 40-40 or whatever in June, July, and August. That's certainly not a given.

Have lost 5 of 7.

It's been fun, guys. Thanks for the tease.

Yeah, we had a rough stretch during the last 4% of the season - time to pack it up.

C'mon Moose - Just enjoy the ride. It wasn't a pretty home stand, but there's still a ton of baseball left and we're still in first place.

Have lost 5 of 7.

It's been fun, guys. Thanks for the tease.

Took 2 of 3 from the Nats.

Lost 2 of 3 from the BoSox. We're in all 3. Phenomenal catch away from tying that game.

Lost 2 of 3 from Royals. A 3 game set where all starters pitched well enough to win.

Inconsistent hitting, went 4-5. Aggravating losses to the Royals, especially sloppy loss yesterday.

Need to take 2 of 3 from Blue Jays.

Yeah, we had a rough stretch during the last 4% of the season - time to pack it up.

C'mon Moose - Just enjoy the ride. It wasn't a pretty home stand, but there's still a ton of baseball left and we're still in first place.

Yes.

Besides, considering how well we have played away from OPACY this season, we'll have the road advantage over the next 9 games. :D

(I stole that line from Howard Cosell, Al Michaels, and Jim Palmer during the 1984 A.L.C.S. between the Royals and the Tigers.) :o

I don't think so...the wheels are gonna fall off sometime, now is as good as time as any for that to start.

Oh, Hunter vs the Jays tomorrow? Awesome.

Law of averages is just catching up. Yesterday was a fluky loss. Today was just a loss... one where the team didn't make the plays when given the chance. Games like that happen, and streakiness is a part of it. I don't think it's fair to judge what this team's plateau is right now, as I think they're finding it out for themselves. This next week and a half though will go a longgg way in determining that ceiling tho...

Jays, Sox, Rays... time to heighten the ladder.

I don't think so...the wheels are gonna fall off sometime, now is as good as time as any for that to start.

If the wheels do fall off, they fall off. But it's premature to declare that as being the case (after a 2-5 stretch). That's my point. Relax buddy.

They're throwing Drew Hutchinson. Battered around by the Rays. Walked 8 in 12 innings prior to that. Call that game a toss up.

The entire division went 5-5 the last 10 games save for the Red Sox who went 6-4.

Not a pretty home stand, but not ugly. Very average.

Archived