Miguel Gonzalez Tonight

OFFNY

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was impressed. I wish our relievers did a better job with inherited runners, this would have been a ballgame. He settled in nicely.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I wish our relievers didn't inherit so many runners. He only gave up one legitimate hit in that inning.

He was very impressive tonight. Tony and I were back and forth in the game thread... his FB seemed pretty straight to me. Tony agreed. But he had something going on. Some deception I guess.

FB may be straight but he can command it. Mixes pitches well.

Yep....you can do without movement if you can put it on the spot where you want it. It looked to me like "Gonzo" could effectively work the perimeter of the plate and mix in some breaking stuff when needed.

Yep....you can do without movement if you can put it on the spot where you want it. It looked to me like "Gonzo" could effectively work the perimeter of the plate and mix in some breaking stuff when needed.

He was very impressive tonight. Tony and I were back and forth in the game thread... his FB seemed pretty straight to me. Tony agreed. But he had something going on. Some deception I guess.

Really? It looked like it had some good action moving to the right, jamming a couple of hitters including Bautista. I mean...nobody's going to mistake it for a JJ or Arietta fastball, but I wouldn't call it "straight".

Overall...I think he could be a pretty good long man as long as he never throws his slider. That pitch isn't going to get anybody out at this level. His curve and change-up are good enough to get ML hitters out, though.

• 2 weeks later...

MIGUEL GONZALEZ O(vs. RED SOX 6/07)

IP:O 4 *

H:o. 2

R:O. 1

BB:. 2

SO:. 2

Pitches: 55 (33 Strikes, 22 Balls)

2012 ERA: 2.45

* When Gonzalez entered the game in the 3rd inning, there was a runner on first base with nobody out.

I finally found an Orioles pitcher named Gonzalez that I like. Let's start this guy and send Arietta to pen. Nice exchange benefiting the club.

Send Arrieta to the pen?? Not a good move that would be.

Archived