J'Accuse

luismatos4prez

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, so the reason the O's got swept in Toronto is because of the sign stealing, sorry I don't buy it. Earlier in the year when we took 2 of 3 in Toronto nobody was complaining about sign stealing. I've been listening to the O's during this downturn and I'm starting to hear a lot of excuses, like not getting the calls in the previous game or now the signs being stolen.

The signs had nothing to do with our bats, we've are just not playing good baseball in any facet of the game right now. Defense has been horrendous all year, the starting pitching has become very inconsistent to say the least, and the hitters approach has not been very good, our OBP is terrible as is our hitting with RISP when we get some there. Home runs carried this team during the good stretch, but we all knew at some point that was going to wane. The team is spiraling downward right now and it's time to start playing better and stop making excuses as to why they're struggling

This is my thought too. If the Blue Jays are doing this, and it is certainly feasible that they are, why don't former Blue Jays on new teams say anything?

Millar was an Oriole and a Jay. It will be interesting to see if he says anything on the MLB show he does.

Ok, so the reason the O's got swept in Toronto is because of the sign stealing, sorry I don't buy it. Earlier in the year when we took 2 of 3 in Toronto nobody was complaining about sign stealing. I've been listening to the O's during this downturn and I'm starting to hear a lot of excuses, like not getting the calls in the previous game or now the signs being stolen.

The signs had nothing to do with our bats, we've are just not playing good baseball in any facet of the game right now. Defense has been horrendous all year, the starting pitching has become very inconsistent to say the least, and the hitters approach has not been very good, our OBP is terrible as is our hitting with RISP when we get some there. Home runs carried this team during the good stretch, but we all knew at some point that was going to wane. The team is spiraling downward right now and it's time to start playing better and stop making excuses as to why they're struggling

Hopefully you feel better now that you've vented - but where exactly did ANYONE in this thread say that's why we lost in Toronto?

The "sign stealing" is all very curious to me, but Triple Crown's post above is the opinion I believe most of the "talking heads" around baseball will take.

The "sign stealing" is all very curious to me, but Triple Crown's post above is the opinion I believe most of the "talking heads" around baseball will take.

Says a lot about our "talking heads," then: more "talk" than, er, "head".

Well that's all fine and well, but we're simply discussing this possibility. I don't see anyone saying that's why we got swept. There is compelling information to discuss regarding this issue, so that's what has taken place. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Well that's all fine and well, but we're simply discussing this possibility. I don't see anyone saying that's why we got swept. There is compelling information to discuss regarding this issue, so that's what has taken place. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Nor do I.

The starting pitchers were Jason Hammel, Jake Arrieta and Tommy Hunter. I know we like to buy into the early season hype usually, but it's not completely out of the realm of possibility that these guys were giving up home runs.

Bautista has a higher OPS on the road this year btw....

Archived