Orange Throat?

BKB

Churchill: So if he’s is just average in the field, why the extension last year?

Smith: Because Sanchez needs a babysitter and Miller was among the very few that don’t speak spanish fluently but still had a good relationship with Sanchez. We kind of spent an extra 20 percent to keep Sanchez happy, and Miller was a pretty good liaison between Sanchez and the staff.

I guess I'm the only one that found it completely obvious who "Miller" is.

Melvin Mora.

The recent extension fits.

The 20% extra fits.

The good relationship with Tejada fits.

The average defense fits.

The liason stuff fits. (Mora brokered the conversation between the O's and Tejada when Tejada came through the media demanding a trade two years ago.)

The only thing that wouldn't fit is if Mora is a fluent Spanish speaker.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Melvin Mora.

The 20% extra fits.

The liason stuff fits. (Mora brokered the conversation between the O's and Tejada when Tejada came through the media demanding a trade two years ago.)

Mora wasn't extended last offseason, Roberts was. And how can Mora not speak Spanish fluently when he's from Venezuela?

Agree 100%

My guess is its Flanagan, who's deliberately stabbing the O's in the back for showing him the proverbial door.

There is no way Flanny would ever do this. His heart and soul are with the Orioles and he is and still wants to be a part of this organization !

Melvin Mora.

The 20% extra fits.

The only thing that wouldn't fit is if Mora is a fluent Spanish speaker.

Those are good fits.

Does anyone else think this is one of the most interesting threads ever or just a major hoax ?

All the names and dates were changed, so "last year" could mean anything.

Right but the part about not speaking Spanish and still getting along with Tejada doesn't go along with Mora because he speaks Spanish - therefore it has to be Roberts...

The title of this thread is unequivocally genius. Rep points for the poster.

Rockbird has made me laugh during a Raven's game...twice. More rep points to you.

I don't care if this is a hoax or not, I'm 'taking it for what it's worth' and loving the intrigue.

This is one of the more entertaining threads of the off-season.

My guess is Flanagan was talking to a friend of his in the media about this...he had probrably been drinking.

Watching the Raven's requires drinking; therefore, Flanagan was probrably watching the debacle against the Patriots.

Right but the part about not speaking Spanish and still getting along with Tejada doesn't go along with Mora because he speaks Spanish - therefore it has to be Roberts...

Maybe Venezuelan Spanish and Dominican Spanish don't mix? ;)

I have no idea who the O's rep is... but, IMHO Miller could only be Mora like Dave said, and I think BRob is Johnson. His age fits the window of being borderline regarding keeping and winning in 2 years. Markakis should be a STUD for the next 8-10 years.

This is what I thought as well although the spanish part throws it off. However the whole thing is intended to throw you off.

All I know is I guessed Dempsey 1st so if it is him I better get big rep points and to throw the 1st barrel of tar on him! :D

Archived