Markakis broke Hamate bone

xian4

As critical as ive been of Nick (I said he was a "nice player ... not much more"), I hate to think what it will be like with the likes of Endy Chavez and Ryan Flaherty out there.

Great post, Roy.

You don't know what you got ........ until you lose it.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would give Flaherty a consistent run of playing time. He hasn't impressed but he's got more talent (you can argue Avery has more, but there's a pretty good case to be made that Flaherty has the better chance of the two to be a decent ML hitter) and more pedigree than any of the alternatives.

Perhaps what he needs is some consistent playing time to get him going. We gave X that opportunity, why not Flaherty?

Look at what consistent playing time has done for Chris Davis. He can look as bad, or worse than Flaherty has on any given day, but over a large sample he seems to be able to produce.

Let's see if the case is similar with Flaherty. At this point, there's little other choice: we have to hope.

Scott Beerer broke his hamate bone and was placed on the DL on May, 1. I know people heal differently, but that is 4 weeks. Does anyone know if he is close to returning?

As I said. I thought it might be longer. But I am no Dr.

"Rookie Xavier Avery was optioned to Triple-A Norfolk on Tuesday, but he could be recalled before the 10-day minimum requirement if he's replacing a player on the disabled list. However, he's batting leadoff tonight for the Tides, so he's not heading to Tamp"Some people in the organization want Avery to continue playing every day at Triple-A after he got into a bad habit of trying to pull the ball on every swing."

"Norfolk outfielders Lew Ford, Jai Miller and Jamie Hoffman are being discussed as possible replacements for Markakis. Ford is batting .370 with two homers, six RBIs and a 941 OPS in 12 games with the Tides after signing out of the independent Atlantic League.

Executive vice president Dan Duquette also is looking outside the organization for available outfielders.".....:scratchchinhmm:

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roch/2012/05/markakis-to-undergo-surgery-tomorrow-for-broken-bone.html

"Rookie Xavier Avery was optioned to Triple-A Norfolk on Tuesday, but he could be recalled before the 10-day minimum requirement if he's replacing a player on the disabled list. However, he's batting leadoff tonight for the Tides, so he's not heading to Tamp"Some people in the organization want Avery to continue playing every day at Triple-A after he got into a bad habit of trying to pull the ball on every swing."

"Norfolk outfielders Lew Ford, Jai Miller and Jamie Hoffman are being discussed as possible replacements for Markakis. Ford is batting .370 with two homers, six RBIs and a 941 OPS in 12 games with the Tides after signing out of the independent Atlantic League.

Executive vice president Dan Duquette also is looking outside the organization for available outfielders.".....:scratchchinhmm:

http://www.masnsports.com/school_of_roch/2012/05/markakis-to-undergo-surgery-tomorrow-for-broken-bone.html

I say bring Ford up and then find out the asking price on Quentin.

Archived