The Lew Ford haters crack me up...

OrioleMagic79

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drungo clearly hates Lew Ford. He's pretty much hated him his entire life. He hates all guys with car last names. He once sent Bill Toyota and very thorough and tersely worded letter over his eroding skill sets once he hit 32-years old and left Bill James' prime year range. :D

It all goes back to that fateful day in January of 1982 when they traded my favorite player of all time, Doug DeCinces, for Disco Dan FORD!!!

Like all bad baseball players, I have nothing against Lew Ford personally. Just like I didn't have anything against Jon Knott or J.R. House or Luis Terrero.

That said, I'm pretty sure he ran over a kitten. On purpose.

Dude has played up until 35 and never gotten a cup of coffee? Love him or hate him, man must love playing the game.

Lew Ford played parts of 5 seasons with the Twins, he's got quite a bit of experience.

I still hate him.

That's what I get for looking at his minor league stats.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=ford--001jon

Curse Lew Ford for making me feel dumb. .:cussing:

Oh, this guy is a real piece of work. As if his 5 year-stint in the majors followed by his disappearing act wasn't confusing enough, he had the audacity to make it even more complicated by going to Japan AND Mexico during his Casper act, instead of just keeping things simple and playing all of his professional baseball (majors and minors) here in the United States.

I'm telling you, this guy really needs his ass kicked in the worst way.

It all goes back to that fateful day in January of 1982 when they traded my favorite player of all time, Doug DeCinces, for Disco Dan FORD!!!

Curious. How could Doug DeCinces be your all time favorite player over the guy he replaced at 3B?

Curious. How could Doug DeCinces be your all time favorite player over the guy he replaced at 3B?

My first memories of the Orioles are from 1979, when I was eight years old. At that point Cal was playing in Miami in A ball, and Doug DeCinces was the starting third baseman for the Baltimore Orioles. If you were eight years old which one would you choose to write a fan newsletter on blue-lined school paper about? Douglas Vernon DeCinces, that's who!

Archived