The Lew Ford haters crack me up...

OrioleMagic79

The offense could have used Lew Ford tonight.

I'd rather be shut out by them Pink Sawx than have that no good, miserable, son of a beach Lew Ford anywhere near the Orioles locker room!!!!!

***Okay, too far on this one? :scratchchinhmm:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lew Ford, Brian Roberts, Miguel Tejada, Bill Hall, and Nate McClouth wd have once been the basis of a fine lineup, esp. with Moyer and Bergesen combining for a 2-hit SHO, 6 Ks, 1 BB.

A very different type of Norfolk roster than we've seen before--altho not an Oriole Way-type of roster either.

Chris Tillman was getting shelled early, and staked the AAA-Bisons to a 4-0 lead.

That sounds pretty good, right ??? :)WRONG !!! :eek:

Lew Ford not only hit a double early in the game, but he capped a 5-run comeback in the top of the 5th inning with a 2-run home run to put the Tides back in front, 5-4 ........ and there were 2 outs when he hit the homer !!! :rolleyes:

ARGGGGHHHHH !!! When are we going to get rid of this guy already ??? :angryfire:

Chris Tillman was getting shelled early, and staked the AAA-Bisons to a 4-0 lead.

That sounds pretty good, right ??? :)WRONG !!! :eek:

Lew Ford not only hit a double early in the game, but he capped a 5-run comeback in the top of the 5th inning with a 2-run home run to put the Tides back in front, 5-4 ........ and there were 2 outs when he hit the homer !!! :rolleyes:

ARGGGGHHHHH !!! When are we going to get rid of this guy already ??? :angryfire:

Tillman settled down pretty well. A wind blown fly put him down 4-0. instead of two - zip. Lew Ford put the Tides ahead, and Chris sent the Bison down the next inning so that the game was official, if it does not resume in the monsoon.

Tillman settled down pretty well. A wind blown fly put him down 4-0. instead of two - zip. Lew Ford put the Tides ahead, and Chris sent the Bison down the next inning so that the game was official, if it does not resume in the monsoon.

I'm watching the game on SNY up here. If the game doesn't resume because of the rain, I suspect that it probably had to do with more shenanigans from Lew Ford, arranging for the storm to come just after the game became official after 5 innings were completed so his 2-run homer will stand up as the game-winning hit.

"Look at me, everybody. I hit the game-winning home run." Ford is a grandstanding bastard, and there is no 2 ways about it. :angryfire:

Besides that wind-blown home run, Tillman gave up 6 additional hits in the first 4 innings, including 2 doubles, a triple, and 3 singles.

And, he walked a batter in the 5th.

Sorry, but I find it hard to describe anything about Tillman's performance today as settling down in this 5-inning outing. :(

Besides that wind-blown home run, Tillman gave up 6 additional hits in the first 4 innings, including 2 doubles, a triple, and 3 singles.

And, he walked a batter in the 5th.

Sorry, but I find it hard to describe anything about Tillman's performance as "settling down" in this 5-inning outing.

Ok. It was Jason Hammel like. No offense, did you watch? I did. I thought he looked ok. He had the final ground ball in the fourth. It just wasn't an out. I think he walked one in the game. And three of the hits were in the first right?

Ok. It was Jason Hammel like. No offense, did you watch? I did. I thought he looked ok. He had the final ground ball in the fourth. It just wasn't an out. I think he walked one in the game. And three of the hits were in the first right?

I watched the last 3 innings when I saw that it was on SNY up here (the Mets have off today). Maybe he looked better in the first 2 innings that I didn't see.

Archived