Can we see Gausman on TV this weekend?

I've read Gausman will be pitching in the Super-Regionals. Do we know when Gausman will pitch, and whether the game will be televised (and on which channel)?

imagine the O's fans screaming at the telly, urging the coach to get the Gasman out after 137 pitches

I've read Gausman will be pitching in the Super-Regionals. Do we know when Gausman will pitch, and whether the game will be televised (and on which channel)?

ESPN 2 at noon eastern on Friday. Matchup to watch is him against Stony Brook outfielder Jankowski (went in the supplemental-1st round).

After Friday he will not pitch again until Omaha (probably 2 starts there).

ESPN 2 at noon eastern on Friday. Matchup to watch is him against Stony Brook outfielder Jankowski (went in the supplemental-1st round).

After Friday he will not pitch again until Omaha (probably 2 starts there).

Seems to me we should be rooting for Stony Brook to knock LSU out of the playoffs this weekend, to increase the chances that Gausman gets in some MiL action this summer.

Seems to me we should be rooting for Stony Brook to knock LSU out of the playoffs this weekend, to increase the chances that Gausman gets in some MiL action this summer.

If it's my decision, I'd just shut him down and let him throw some innings in the AFL. Frederick for 6 starts or so (assuming all goes well) and Bowie the rest of the way.

If it's my decision, I'd just shut him down and let him throw some innings in the AFL. Frederick for 6 starts or so (assuming all goes well) and Bowie the rest of the way.

I'm confused. Would you shut him down, then bring him back to pitch in Arizona or start him in Frederick with a move to Bowie to follow?

He's said that he could probably pitch another 30 innings or so. He went eight his last outing and has at least 3 to go if LSU keeps winning. So, that could be another 20 - 24 innings in the NCAA's. I think they'll shut him down, and send him to one of the affiliates to work out with the team for the rest of the season. Not sure if they would then send him to the AFL, but it wouldn't shock me.

I'm confused. Would you shut him down, then bring him back to pitch in Arizona or start him in Frederick with a move to Bowie to follow?

He's said that he could probably pitch another 30 innings or so. He went eight his last outing and has at least 3 to go if LSU keeps winning. So, that could be another 20 - 24 innings in the NCAA's. I think they'll shut him down, and send him to one of the affiliates to work out with the team for the rest of the season. Not sure if they would then send him to the AFL, but it wouldn't shock me.

Sorry I was unclear -- that was sequential.

1. Shut him down

2. AFL some

3. Next year Frederick/Bowie

I have no issue if he and Baltimore decide he can tackle Fred/Bowie this year, though. They certainly would know best.

Archived