2nd Round - Brandon Kline: RHP, UVA

You know I was not a fan of the pick on draft day. I was hoping for Tanner Rahier or Nick Williams but I have to say Kline is really starting to grow on me. The key is going to be developing a third pitch. I think at the very least he will be a top notch reliever. I am hoping he signs soon so he can start pitching this year.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

From today's FNP:

Thomas Johnson graduate Branden Kline has not yet decided if he is going to sign with the Baltimore Orioles as a second-round pick or return for his senior season at the University of Virginia.

Kline, a 20-year old right-handed pitcher, has until the July 13 deadline to make his decision.

Reached by phone Wednesday afternoon, Kline was in Georgia visiting family. He said he is in regular contact with Orioles representatives, but does not have a time frame for making the decision other than the looming deadline.

"Everything is just making progress," he said. "I am just in the middle of everything right now."

Not really much in the way of news. The most interesting part is that the guy seems to have asked Kline about Teresa Sullivan (Kline didn't have much to say about that, though).

http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sections/sports/display.htm?StoryID=137516

Archived