O's sign Nate McLouth

Greg

I suspect it's a vision problem. Since the Braves fitted him with new contacts in the 09-10 offseason -- which he claimed improved his eyesight to 20/15 -- he's hit .203/.312/.313.

That's hard to believe that he's seeing too well, but what is that? '10 and '11 seasons? That can't be a SSS. :scratchchinhmm: Interesting post.

Hmm. Maybe for some guys it's better just to guess where the ball is going to be? :scratchchinhmm:

This...

McLouth >>>>>>>>>>>Chavez

And this. ;)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has to come up in the next week. There is absolutely ZERO excuse for him not being on this current roster of stiffs. The guy is an ex-all star and is absolutely raking while the rest of our team implodes.

In all honesty, I think the Tides could take 3 of 4 from the Orioles right now simply because of the offense. Ford, Hoes, McClouth, Mahoney etc. are all hitting better than anyone on our current roster. I absolutely would not bet against this at this point the way the two teams are currently playing.

He has to come up in the next week. There is absolutely ZERO excuse for him not being on this current roster of stiffs. The guy is an ex-all star and is absolutely raking while the rest of our team implodes.

In all honesty' date=' I think the Tides could take 3 of 4 from the Orioles right now simply because of the offense. Ford, Hoes, McClouth, Mahoney etc. are all hitting better than anyone on our current roster. I absolutely would not bet against this at this point the way the two teams are currently playing.[/quote']

Hitting in AAA is not hitting in the majors. Mahoney is having a good July that has raised his OPS to a mighty .701.

I think we may see McLouth soon. Let him stay hot for the rest of this week, then bring him up.

Hitting in AAA is not hitting in the majors.

Thanks for that inside information! Guess what, we aren't hitting in the majors either. I'd still take the Tides in a best of 7 series over the current Orioles team without Hammel and no, I'm really not kidding.

One team has won something like 17 of their last 25. The other has lost something like 17 of 25. It would surprise me in the least if the Tides took down the O's in a 4 or 7 game series. You think I'm exaggerating, but the O's play has been THAT bad and the Tides play has been that good.

Besides, the Orioles are starting about 10-15 AAA-AAAA players anyways. It's not that much different in the talent of the two teams as it stands right now quite frankly.

You are a funny guy. Good stuff. Nate McLouth has sucked for 3-4 years but we need him badly.

That's cool, but at least he WAS good at one point. That's more than you can say for 3/4's of our current team. McClouth would be perfect hitting in the 2 hole behind Markakis as a LF, allowing Davis to play 1st or DH and getting Reynolds the hell off the field. He's raking and nearly everyone other than Markakis is in a slump, at this point, why the heck not??? What exactly do we have to lose by calling him up?

Please, do tell.

• 4 weeks later...
That's cool' date=' but at least he WAS good at one point. That's more than you can say for 3/4's of our current team. McClouth would be perfect hitting in the 2 hole behind Markakis as a LF, allowing Davis to play 1st or DH and getting Reynolds the hell off the field. He's raking and nearly everyone other than Markakis is in a slump, at this point, why the heck not??? What exactly do we have to lose by calling him up?

Please, do tell.[/quote']

So, McLouth was good at some point, and he's cool. But Reynolds, who hit 44 HR one year, needs to get the hell off the field? Sound logic.

Archived