Inside info confirmed: McGregor demoted

Frobby

I forget who reported a few weeks ago that Scott McGregor was getting demoted, but Roch confirms it today:

The Orioles haven't announced their minor league staff changes, but pitching coach Scott McGregor has moved down from Double-A Bowie to short-season Single-A Aberdeen.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/roch/blog/2007/12/this_and_that_32.html

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While this may be a demotion for him, maybe it'll help out the big league club in the long run. I feel like players at Aberdeen are more likely to stay for an entire season and get consistent direction from a coach. Bowie too often has the label of being a skipping stone within the Oriole organization as players are always coming and going. Just my 2 cents, what do you all think?

I'm more interested in this line myself.....

There are people close to the Orioles who anticipate a trade going down this week. They don’t know the particulars, but something could happen within the next few days.

I for one would like a trade to happen just so we have something to talk about besides all of the rumors and speculation.

I really don't see it as a demotion either, rather a re-assignment.

Feel free to change the thread title to "reassigned." My main point was that this move was dislclosed here a couple of weeks ago. I wish I could remember who reported it.

I'm more interested in this line myself.....

I for one would like a trade to happen just so we have something to talk about besides all of the rumors and speculation.

I'd rather that a good trade or two happens...no matter how long it takes. Besides it's rumor and speculation that drives OH....;)

I kind of get the feeling that Tommy Thompson and Blaine Beatty will be moving up to Bowie and taking the manager/pitching coach job they had in Frederick. When I talked to Tommy after the season (when he came into Wal-Mart in Frederick and I ran into him) he said that after the org. meeting he said that 50% returning to Frederick and 50% Bowie.

After seeing Bien get fired and now Scotty Mac to Aberdeen, this almost assures to me these two will jump to Bowie.

Archived