Orioles agree to terms with Jamie Moyer

LookitsPuck

Alex Anthopoulos, the current Blue Jays GM, recently said there is no such thing as a bad minor league signing. I find it very hard to get upset about these moves. Most won't pan out; so the heck what. Some of these depth moves have already helped us win a few games.

Couldn't agree more.

BTW-some really good news IMO. Pinero is pitching again and Dontre Willis is close to a start after being in extended Spring Training:

Joel Piniero, on the minor league disabled list with a shoulder injury, threw a few innings at extended spring training this week. And Dontrelle Willis, also at extended spring, is close to starting for an affiliate - most likely Norfolk.

Edit: Tillman is also pitching a no-hitter as we speak (5 innings only, but still he is throwing the ball much better it seems like)

The more options we have, the better. I like it! I think Pinero can help us.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alex Anthopoulos, the current Blue Jays GM, recently said there is no such thing as a bad minor league signing. I find it very hard to get upset about these moves. Most won't pan out; so the heck what. Some of these depth moves have already helped us win a few games.

Well, as long as you aren't impeding prospects with these guys. But we aren't, most of our top prospects are in the lower minors.

Rickey Henderson anyone?

Rickey Henderson would just everyone to know that Rickey Henderson thinks Rickey Henderson still has a lot to contribute to any team that would like to offer Rickey Henderson a contract.

Pitchers like Moyer brought into games after the hitters have been looking at 95 + fastballs can do well when they bring their 65-75 mph junk to the mound. I hope he can show our young pitchers how to throw those 70 mph changeups and keep the hitters off balance. He could be a contributor in more ways than one.

Guest rochester
Pitchers like Moyer brought into games after the hitters have been looking at 95 + fastballs can do well when they bring their 65-75 mph junk to the mound. I hope he can show our young pitchers how to throw those 70 mph changeups and keep the hitters off balance. He could be a contributor in more ways than one.

Finally, someone in my age bracket! and 75 ain't bad when you are close to 50 :)

I'm sorry but I am beyond happy about this signing, not so much for the talent but the experience and knowledge that he can hopefully bring to our young pitching staff. No, he's not a 100MPH type guy but he is one of the most "skilled" pitchers around if that makes sense.

Archived