Peter Gammons, Red Sox homer?

OregonBird

Gammons a Red Sox homer? Did the question even need to be asked? :eek:

Seriously. He wrote for the Globe for years, half of his ESPN bio is kissy-kissy for Theo and Paul Epstein, and he was on the field celebrating in 2004.

Plus I go to school with his niece and I can personally confirm that the whole family is full of diehard Sox fans. Despite the fact that the niece is from Milwaukee.

He may be a great baseball writer and have a brilliant mind but I wish he'd use that mind to cover other baseball topics besides his beloved Red Sox and their rival Yankees.

Yes, fans outside of our division do find it annoying as well. I'm surrounded by Mariners fans and they would like to see some coverage of other worthwhile baseball stories besides the Sawx and Yanks.

ESPN would be in absolute Nirvana if the Red Sox and Yankees just played each other for 162 games and the other teams just had a long offseason.

He may be a great baseball writer and have a brilliant mind but I wish he'd use that mind to cover other baseball topics besides his beloved Red Sox and their rival Yankees.

Yes, fans outside of our division do find it annoying as well. I'm surrounded by Mariners fans and they would like to see some coverage of other worthwhile baseball stories besides the Sawx and Yanks.

ESPN would be in absolute Nirvana if the Red Sox and Yankees just played each other for 162 games and the other teams just had a long offseason.

Wait... you mean other teams actually play????

"If you're in Toronto or Tampa, think about that ... and then apply for a green card in the National League Central." --Peter Gammons

I wonder if leaving the Orioles out of that sentence was an omission, or if they've dropped so far off the national radar that people think Baltimore once again is an International League city.

For all the bad things we can say about the Red $ox, it does seem that they have a limit; a threshold beyond which they're reluctant to go.

The Yankee$, OTOH, seem to feel that limits, that restraints on them, are inherently wrong, and that they must be broken down...battered into submission.

Hank $teinbrenner seems to suffer a bit from a syndrome manifested most obviously by the Bush boy who lives across the river from me: a huge, yearning need to prove he has a bigger winkie than his daddy: despite (or perhaps because of) the fact that if he wasn't his daddy's son, he'd be an obscure ne'er-do-well. Sigh...:002_ssad:

My goodness, some of you and your ESPN theories. It's a business people, come on. The Yankees and Red Sox win if you all haven't noticed. If the O's were in contention every year, they'd be on TV plenty. There's a reason the Patriots and Cowboys are on TV every week. There's a reason the Bulls were on every night in the 90s..It's not that the networks "like" these teams any more than they should.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, as sports fans we should be thankful every day for ESPN. Think what sports on TV would be without it.

Archived