Turner Field

jamalshw

Has anyone every been to Turner Field? If so, do you have any suggestions RE were to sit (affordable) and what to eat/where to go both in the park and in the area?

I'm heading to Turner Field next weekend for a O's/Braves game (the 16th) and am about to purchase tickets and am looking for suggestions.

Thanks in advance!!!

I've been a few times, but not in a while. I don't care for the field. The stadium is too big, and you feel removed from the game unless you get very good seats. I would suggest getting close to the action, if it's not too pricey. Considering the Braves never sell out, that shouldn't be a problem.

Despite the lackluster reviews so far, I'm still pretty excited to cross another stadium off my list. (And to see the O's live for the first time in 2012). Thanks for the heads up so far. Keep it coming for anyone else who has been!

Despite the lackluster reviews so far, I'm still pretty excited to cross another stadium off my list. (And to see the O's live for the first time in 2012). Thanks for the heads up so far. Keep it coming for anyone else who has been!

How many more stadiums you got?

I go at least once or twice annually and will also be there on the 16th. You can generally get pretty affordable tickets on Stub Hub. Last year I got some field level behind home plate to the third base side for like $50-$60 each. I got ones in the first row in RF (10 seats down from Britton's HR) for about $30 each. This year I purchased some in the upper deck, first base side for $14 each (it's where my Dad likes to sit and where we had tickets at Memorial way back when).

The stadium itself is pretty nondescript. It's too big because it was built for the Olympics and it's pretty damn hot for day games. Those seats in RF were ridiculously hot, but since the 16th is a night game, you should be fine. I suggest going to the Chop House for a few beers early, but other than that there's nothing special.

If you're driving, I suggest that you go ahead and pay for prepaid parking. It's cheaper (only $10 + fees), you won't have to search around, and you won't have to park in the projects. I just got a ticket for the Blue Lot.

I've been plenty of times and usually just do the general admission tickets, which are like $13. Definitely not great seats, cause it is such a big stadium, but being in GA is nice if you're there with a big group and want to find some seats all around each other. However, if you want to sit closer, I'd recommend it, assuming you're willing to splurge a little for tickets.

As far as the stadium goes, I really don't like it. Sure, it's nice and well kept, but the whole production there is just annoying. Everything they do seems to be to distract you from the actual baseball being played. It's pretty much like going to an amusement park where a baseball game happens to break out.

That said, I'll be there next weekend for all the games, just as I was last year when the birds made the trip to ATL.

Thank you all for the suggestions! I will definitely look into the prepaid parking and will try and swing by the Chophouse.

I am looking for tickets at or below $40 a pop. I'm resently married so I probably shouldn't create even more debt for myself ;). I've been looking around on StubHub and the Braves' website and haven't found any really great deals, yet. I'm undecided on whether to go for the Upper Pavillion section at around $15 each or the Terrace View for $40...or the outfield for somewhere between there. Any input from people on those options.

How many more stadiums you got?

I'm still quite young...and quite poor so I got a ways to go, but Turner Field will be my 9th. I've already been to:

1. OPACY

2. Citizens Bank (Philly)

3. Fenway

4. Old Yankee Stadium

5. Tropicana Field (Rays)

6. Chase Field (AZ)

7. Minute Maid (Astros)

8. Dodger Stadium

Thank you all for the suggestions! I will definitely look into the prepaid parking and will try and swing by the Chophouse.

I am looking for tickets at or below $40 a pop. I'm resently married so I probably shouldn't create even more debt for myself ;). I've been looking around on StubHub and the Braves' website and haven't found any really great deals, yet. I'm undecided on whether to go for the Upper Pavillion section at around $15 each or the Terrace View for $40...or the outfield for somewhere between there. Any input from people on those options.

I'm still quite young...and quite poor so I got a ways to go, but Turner Field will be my 9th. I've already been to:

1. OPACY

2. Citizens Bank (Philly)

3. Fenway

4. Old Yankee Stadium

5. Tropicana Field (Rays)

6. Chase Field (AZ)

7. Minute Maid (Astros)

8. Dodger Stadium

The tickets seem to be more expensive this year than last. Maybe that's because we're good? Anyway, we're in the upper pavilion so there will be other O's fans around.

I'll just echo what has already been said several times. I've been to Turner Field quite a bit. I honestly don't care much for the stadium but I will be there in full orange and black for next Friday and Saturday. I guess the stadium feels very generic to me, nothing about it that really stands out other than it being pretty large. It's generally pretty easy to get tickets on the day of the game but go ahead and buy your parking tickets beforehand.

BTW, to Hawk who posted above ........War Eagle from an '06 Alum.

I'll echo the Ted's Montana Grill suggestion. Awesome bison burgers!

Just about any seat is fine, depending on your budget. I've had good success using Stubhub there.

For parking, there's a lot not far from the park on the western side that has a produce stand. I highly suggest using it, as it's not far away and they'll give you some produce in addition to getting to park for $10.

My wife and I went 2 years ago. We took a cab to the stadium, seemed easier than fighting traffic. I would recommend going to the Braves Museum before the game. It's pretty cool whether you're a Braves fan or not.

Archived