Reminder: 1st RD Pick Kevin Gausman Starting for LSU on Saturday (edited)

How many more rounds is the NCAA tournament, after this one? Three? I'd rather have Gausman go to Frederick and make 3-4 starts there than have him pitch three more times in the NCAA. If we're lucky, he will do well enough that next spring we'll be comfortable starting him in Bowie rather than spending a partial season at Frederick, because he'll have been there, done that. It gives our staff a chance to gauge how ready he is to face professional hitters.

Two -- both in Omaha.

- Double elimination 4-team pool (eight team total). One start for Gausman here.

- Three game series between two pool winners. One start for Gausman here.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yea, having Millar on the team really helped. :rolleyes:

I am having a difficult time even positing a scenario where Gausman's success or failure in the college world series has a tangible impact on the O's future. I just don't want him to get hurt or choke on a doughnut.

A bit of a difference between a guy at the beginning of his career and a guy at the end looking for a steady paycheck, don't you think? :rolleyes:

A bit of a difference between a guy at the beginning of his career and a guy at the end looking for a steady paycheck, don't you think? :rolleyes:

Nope.

They made a big deal about the young kids winning when they were being promoted a few years ago. How much good did winning a title with the 2008 Baysox do?

The resuming of game 1 that was delayed in a 4-4 tie until 11 AM this morning will cause the start of game 2 to start approx 50 minutes after the end of game #1. ESPN 2 will have game 2 probably around 12:30 PM today with Gausman pitching?

Win or lose, I hope Gausman throws the ball a little better than Appell did last night. Appell was throwing his fastball in the upper 80's to low 90's with terrible control. I certainly didn't see the poise that was detailed on his scouting report.

ESPN saying Kevin Gausman is pitching the 12th inning of Game 1

Yep, nasty stuff so far.

My guess is with game 2 starting right after, he'll start that game too and go his normal work load (over the combined two games).

The resuming of game 1 that was delayed in a 4-4 tie until 11 AM this morning will cause the start of game 2 to start approx 50 minutes after the end of game #1. ESPN 2 will have game 2 probably around 12:30 PM today with Gausman pitching?

I believe Gausman is starting the resumption of game 1 and may be available to throw in game 3, depending on how many innings he goes. Eades should be starting game 2.

Yep, nasty stuff so far.

My guess is with game 2 starting right after, he'll start that game too and go his normal work load (over the combined two games).

Mainieri may not want him to sit for an hour and then throw again.

Archived