It's Pete Orr's Birthday Today ......

OFFNY

.......... Let's hate on him !!! :D

I was looking through baseball reference's "born today" section, and I saw that the Phillies have a reserve infielder by the name of Pete Orr, who turns 33 today: http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/o/orrpe01.shtml

* Orioles-related ........ the Phillies are coming to Baltimore tonight.

Orr is a career .256 hitter with a less than flattering OBP of .287. He has has never had more than 154 at-bats in a season. His 2012 salary of $600,000 is about 1/5 of the major league average. In his only post-season appearance, he went 0-for-2 in the Braves' 2005 Divisional Playoff loss to the Astros. He won't even be with the team this weekend, because he was demoted to AAA-Lehigh Valley the day before yesterday.

For the most part, he has had a rather undistinguished career as a major leaguer ....... which is all the more reason to pile on this guy like a bunch of bullies !!!

I hate Pete Orr !!!

This would perhaps be more meaningful if the Phillies hadn't optioned Pete Orr a few days ago.

I did include that in my OP, Paul.

He won't even be with the team this weekend, because he was demoted to AAA-Lehigh Valley the day before yesterday.

I just turned it around, and used it as another way to kick sand in his face. :laughlol:

Archived