Attendance to Date: 12.5% Over 2011

TonySoprano

Attendance to date 17.6% above 2011.

ETA, note that the percentage was several points higher when I started this thread.

Now, what may be interesting is that since the summer began (June 8- Aug 6), the last 18 games attendance is 483,884. Those 18 games in 2011 had an attendance of 468,657. In short, summer attendance is a mere 3.2% higher this year.

The Legends Saturdays have drawn extra fans this summer.

For example, the last 3 weekends before Earl's day saw attendance figures of 17,224/21693/21,693 ; 40,459/46,611/45,267; and 45,891/46,298/41,794 (note the relatively flat attendance lines)

Earl's weekend 24,779/35,335/16,689 (note the big spike on Saturday)

The next home weekend was Palmer's turn 35,566/43,215/30,439 (another spike on Saturday)

The following home weekend 29,278/21,143/19,698 (Friday was floppy hat night, always very popular)

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So the attendance is sagging lately?
Yes, I edited my above post. In short, the demand for tickets has really cooled off as the days have gotten hotter.

You have to look at who they are playing, what days of the week, etc. Last year in the third week of July the O's had a three game series with Boston that drew 95,000 and then the Angels. This year we were playing Oakland and Tampa. But now the O's schedule will turn very favorable from an attendance standpoint beginning next week when Boston arrives. Right at this point of the 2011 schedule the O's had six straight crowds under 20,000 and then a four game Thursday - Sunday series that drew only 21,000 a game. The O's drew 21,000 tonight on a Monday night. This ten game series will blow that series away attendance-wise. I'd guess 70,000 or so better over the ten dates.

You have to look at who they are playing, what days of the week, etc. Last year in the third week of July the O's had a three game series with Boston that drew 95,000 and then the Angels. This year we were playing Oakland and Tampa. But now the O's schedule will turn very favorable from an attendance standpoint beginning next week when Boston arrives. Right at this point of the 2011 schedule the O's had six straight crowds under 20,000 and then a four game Thursday - Sunday series that drew only 21,000 a game. The O's drew 21,000 tonight on a Monday night. This ten game series will blow that series away attendance-wise. I'd guess 70,000 or so better over the ten dates.
It's all how you want to shuffle around the numbers. In 2011, our June weekend series were TB and Toronto, this year it was Philly and the Nats. I'm looking at the summer weekends as a whole, when the kids aren't in school, and the jump in attendance is modest.

It's all how you want to shuffle around the numbers. In 2011, our June weekend series were TB and Toronto, this year it was Philly and the Nats. I'm looking at the summer weekends as a whole, when the kids aren't in school, and the jump in attendance is modest.

You make a good point about June, I am just giving you my opinion of how this 10 game homestand will go. I will put the over/under at 255,000 compared to roughly 185,000 for the 10-game homestand at the same time last year.

Looking further ahead, in 2011 the Orioles only had four crowds after mid-August that topped 30,000 fans: 32,762, 37,528, 33,841 and 31,099. Nothing even came close to 40,000. This year the O's have a four game series with the Yankees on a Thursday-Sunday that includes the Cal Ripken statue unveiling game, and a three-game weekend series with Boston that includes the Brooks Robinson statue unveiling. I think the crowds will be pretty huge for those weekends.

Beyond that, the pennant race will decide whether there is a further bump in attendance. If the O's are in a dogfight for a playoff spot in September, I have to think people are going to decide that it's time to stop being skeptical and get out to the ballpark.

You make a good point about June, I am just giving you my opinion of how this 10 game homestand will go. I will put the over/under at 255,000 compared to roughly 185,000 for the 10-game homestand at the same time last year.

Looking further ahead, in 2011 the Orioles only had four crowds after mid-August that topped 30,000 fans: 32,762, 37,528, 33,841 and 31,099. Nothing even came close to 40,000. This year the O's have a four game series with the Yankees on a Thursday-Sunday that includes the Cal Ripken statue unveiling game, and a three-game weekend series with Boston that includes the Brooks Robinson statue unveiling. I think the crowds will be pretty huge for those weekends.

Beyond that, the pennant race will decide whether there is a further bump in attendance. If the O's are in a dogfight for a playoff spot in September, I have to think people are going to decide that it's time to stop being skeptical and get out to the ballpark.

I know the Saturday game against the Yankees,it is hard to get more then two seats together in the lower seating bowl. I think because the Yankee series is the only weekend series against the Yankees will average around 38,000 or more if the O's are in the race. The last series could be interesting against Boston. Brooks statue and if either team is in the race could also bring real big crowds. This month will probably have lower crowds then next month just because of the weekend series against the Sox and Yanks. I think there will be alot of Yankee fans in the stands. The third base side in the lower boxes are almost sold out and that is the visitors side.

I know the Saturday game against the Yankees,it is hard to get more then two seats together in the lower seating bowl. I think because the Yankee series is the only weekend series against the Yankees will average around 38,000 or more if the O's are in the race. The last series could be interesting against Boston. Brooks statue and if either team is in the race could also bring real big crowds. This month will probably have lower crowds then next month just because of the weekend series against the Sox and Yanks. I think there will be alot of Yankee fans in the stands. The third base side in the lower boxes are almost sold out and that is the visitors side.

Nothing new there, but hopefully the Orioles will still be in the thick of things at that point and the Orioles fans will have a reason to be vocal and enthusiastic. There's nothing I hate more than September games where the O's are out of things and the crowd is not only mostly rooting for the opposing team, but the Orioles fans who are there are dispirited.

This year the O's have a four game series with the Yankees on a Thursday-Sunday that includes the Cal Ripken statue unveiling game, and a three-game weekend series with Boston that includes the Brooks Robinson statue unveiling. I think the crowds will be pretty huge for those weekends.
I'll be there for both of the statue ceremonies.

15,433 tonight (+16.9% season vs 2011), but I tip my cap to those who stayed all 14, and there seemed to be many of them.

I'll be there for both of the statue ceremonies.

15,433 tonight (+16.9% season vs 2011), but I tip my cap to those who stayed all 14, and there seemed to be many of them.

*stands up to be counted*

Let's Go O's!!!!!!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

I am just giving you my opinion of how this 10 game homestand will go. I will put the over/under at 255,000 compared to roughly 185,000 for the 10-game homestand at the same time last year.

The first 5 games of the homestand disappointed me, but last night's game drew 40,456 (less than half of whom stayed through the 3 hour, 9 minute rain delay). Through the first six dates of the homestand, the O's have drawn 131,888. At this point, my 255,000 estimate is looking too aggressive, though I assume the Boston series will draw well.

Archived