Time to get Alfonso Soriano

Greg

I would take some of Soriano's, salary say 10 M, plus Garza's salary, plus Tillman and Schoop. Maybe throw in a PTBNL or Flaherty.

So you want the cubs to kick in 35MM, Soriano and Garza for Tillman and Schoop. I just can't see that getting it done.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you want the cubs to kick in 35MM, Soriano and Garza for Tillman and Schoop. I just can't see that getting it done.
They have said they are willing to take on most iof his salary for the right prospect. I would give up Tillman/Britton and Schoop plus Flaherty or a PTBNL the right prospects. Essentially you are trading for Soriano with Flaherty plus 10 M, and Tillman/Britton and Schoop for Garza. http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/alfonso_soriano/

I have 0 interest in Soriano.... Id rather got get Willingham or some other younger player. Hate to give up on Nolan ...But Im getting there.

I am giving up on him for this season but no reason not to keep on the 40 man and see if he is healthy come spring. I could live with Soriano this summer, I do not want to see him in an O's uniform next spring.

I am giving up on him for this season but no reason not to keep on the 40 man and see if he is healthy come spring. I could live with Soriano this summer, I do not want to see him in an O's uniform next spring.

If I'm DD i'm looking for a more permanent replacement.... Reimold cant stay healthy and its a shame.

The deal id offer would be Arrieta, Schoop, and Flaherty for Garza and Soriano. Thats the best i'd do, if we're taking on Soriano's contract.
How much of Soriano's contract.? If it's most of it there's no way they get Arrieta. I'm not all that interested in Soriano. I'd just as soon stick with Pearce, but we could use him, and if it takes eating some of his salary to get Garza, I'd do it. We need another solid SP.

How much of Soriano's contract.? If it's most of it there's no way they get Arrieta. I'm not all that interested in Soriano. I'd just as soon stick with Pearce, but we could use him, and if it takes eating some of his salary to get Garza, I'd do it. We need another solid SP.

I think Soriano is owed around $50 million from now through 2014. The Cubs would have to eat 30-35 million atleast. To get Arrieta, they'd have to eat $35 million, or else im looking at no better than a Tillman, Schoop, and Flaherty package.

I would take some of Soriano's, salary say 10 M, plus Garza's salary, plus Tillman and Schoop. Maybe throw in a PTBNL or Flaherty.

One great thing about being in contention is we get to hear insane, lopsided trade offers that no opposing team would ever accept, just like we get to hear in the offseason.

I think Soriano is owed around $50 million from now through 2014. The Cubs would have to eat 30-35 million atleast. To get Arrieta, they'd have to eat $35 million, or else im looking at no better than a Tillman, Schoop, and Flaherty package.

He is owed $47 MM right now for the remainder of his contract

Soriano is the key to Garza / Dempster. If you take on his salary, I think you get one of those cheaply. Otherwise, it'll probably end up not being worth the cost.

I hate to say this, because I don't want Soriano at all, but we match up WAY too well to not make this happen.

I can guarantee you 2 things if this trade were to happen. Number 1, the Cubs are not looking for the Orioles to eat money. They are rebuilding and they want prospects. Theo has already said they are willing to eat money to get better prospects in deals. 2, any deal for either Dempster or Garza is going to require a pitcher to be a headliner. I'm really not sure how the O's can possibly put together a package for Garza.

Soriano is the key to Garza / Dempster. If you take on his salary, I think you get one of those cheaply. Otherwise, it'll probably end up not being worth the cost.

I hate to say this, because I don't want Soriano at all, but we match up WAY too well to not make this happen.

Agreed.

However in a battle of wits between Duquette and Epstein... I don't like our chances. I have a nasty feeling in my gut that we'll regret this "we have to make a move for THIS postseason" move.

Archived