Time to get Alfonso Soriano

Greg

Garza went 6 innings tonight giving up 3 runs with 6 K's and beat the White Sox. HR'S to Konerko and their catcher. Soriano hit his 13th HR and knocked in 2 runs. Hmm! Shaun Marcum pitches for the Brewers against his old team Toronto tomorrow night. McCarthy is supposed to start for Oakland tomorrow night. The scouts are probably going to be pretty busy tomorrow.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agreed.

However in a battle of wits between Duquette and Epstein... I don't like our chances. I have a nasty feeling in my gut that we'll regret this "we have to make a move for THIS postseason" move.

There hasn't been any hope of a postseason for the past 14 years, whatever:) As long as we don't deal Bundy or the core pieces on our roster (except Matusz or Arrieta) Life is short. Who knows what the future holds. Don't give the farm, but I have confidence in DD not to make a franchise-killing deal.

Garza went 6 innings tonight giving up 3 runs with 6 K's and beat the White Sox. HR'S to Konerko and their catcher. Soriano hit his 13th HR and knocked in 2 runs. Hmm! Shaun Marcum pitches for the Brewers against his old team Toronto tomorrow night. McCarthy is supposed to start for Oakland tomorrow night. The scouts are probably going to be pretty busy tomorrow.

Marcum appears to be injured and will miss his start Tuesday against Toronto.

Also, Dempster is now on the DL so I think you can most likely throw that trade out the window (if the O's are smart anyways). I think it's either Garza/Soriano or nothing.

Archived