Jim Hunter: Orioles Looking For Veteran Arm - Mentioned Chicago

Brendan25

I'd trade anybody in the system, including Bundy. However, what starting pitcher that is available is worthy of one of our top four prospects? I can't think of one.

Yeah it would have to be a Verlander, Roy Halladay type

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd trade anybody in the system, including Bundy. However, what starting pitcher that is available is worthy of one of our top four prospects? I can't think of one.

We don't know anything about the player Schoop will be. He's a talented 20 year-old kid playing at Double A, I'd include him in a package for Garza. Schoop, Lino and Bridwell. I'd consider making Strop part of the equation too...

I hope Duquette pulls the trigger and brings us a quality arm.

We don't know anything about the player Schoop will be. He's a talented 20 year-old kid playing at Double A, I'd include him in a package for Garza. Schoop, Lino and Bridwell. I'd consider making Strop part of the equation too...

I hope Duquette pulls the trigger and brings us a quality arm.

You'd give that up for three months of a pitcher with a career era+ of 108, and 99 this year?

Then you drastically overrate what kind of pitcher Garza is.

I think Epstein could get a lot more for Dempster than just Chris Tillman. That kind of starting pitching never comes cheap.

That's the problem...would/should we be giving up anything more than a Tillman-esque prospect? The farm system will be our pool of talent, not free agency. Why weaken it for a 35 year old rental that, while good, will be going to not just a new league but the toughest league in baseball? That's my biggest issue with trading for a NL pitcher. They pitch versus pitchers. Their number 8 hitter is our number 9 hitter. I don't think Dempster gets....creamed...over here but his value is higher there than it is here. That means either making an "equivalent" value trade that tips to their side or pulling a MacPhail and trading stones for rubies.

You'd give that up for three months of a pitcher with a career era+ of 108, and 99 this year?

Then you drastically overrate what kind of pitcher Garza is.

We disagree. I think Garza has a pretty good track record and has pitched quite well in the AL East. If he was to be traded for, it would have to be based on an extension. He's a proven commodity, the prospects I mentioned are just that...prospects. :)

We disagree. I think Garza has a pretty good track record and has pitched quite well in the AL East. If he was to be traded for, it would have to be based on an extension. He's a proven commodity, the prospects I mentioned are just that...prospects. :)

Garza's just that: pretty good. I don't deny that. But he isn't more than that.

According to Parks, pre-draft, those were the 3-4-5 prospects in a top-heavy system w/o much depth. And you're even willing to consider throwing in our 8th inning guy. How generous.

And the guys gets to bail in 3 months!!!!

We disagree vehemently. :)

Right now we have 2 1/5 SP we can count on. We won't get near the playoffs with that. If we added another SP on the level of Hammel or Chen we might. I don't think you need to trade a Bundy or Machado to get another Hammel.

In the past DeJesus might have been a throw in, but Theo just signed him in November to a 2 year 8.5 million dollar deal with a 6.5 mil option for the third year. He also regularly bats third for the Cubs.

'

Batting third for possibly the worst team in the MLs doesn't make you untouchable. They'll trade anything that nailed down.

Archived