Jim Hunter: Orioles Looking For Veteran Arm - Mentioned Chicago

Brendan25

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Garza's just that: pretty good. I don't deny that. But he isn't more than that.

According to Parks, pre-draft, those were the 3-4-5 prospects in a top-heavy system w/o much depth. And you're even willing to consider throwing in our 8th inning guy. How generous.

And the guys gets to bail in 3 months!!!!

We disagree vehemently. :)

To get a good starter you have to give up quality. All three of the prospects I mentioned have upside but have shown some inconsistency. At the start of the year Baseball America had Schoop listed at #82 in their top 100. Sickels had him at 77. I don't even know where Lino or Bridwell might fall. At this point I would value Lino more than Parker.

As I said before, one of the things the Orioles have been guilty of in the past is overvaluing their prospects. And yeah...I'd consider adding Strop in place of probably Lino. Again...based on an extension.

To get a good starter you have to give up quality. All three of the prospects I mentioned have upside but have shown some inconsistency. At the start of the year Baseball America had Schoop listed at #82 in their top 100. Sickels had him at 77. I don't even know where Lino or Bridwell might fall. At this point I would value Lino more than Parker.

As I said before, one of the things the Orioles have been guilty of in the past is overvaluing their prospects. And yeah...I'd consider adding Strop in place of probably Lino. Again...based on an extension.

You don't have to give up three good prospects for 15 months of a #3 though.

The cubs want to rebuild and will want quality prospects for their above average players. I'm inclined to sink or swim with what we have. Our goal should be to build up the farm system. I want to win this year but more important, I want to be competitive long term. Not interested in rentals or average 37 yr old starters.

You don't have to give up three good prospects for 15 months of a #3 though.

Personally I see Garza being more of a 2 than a 3. He'd be a shot in the arm for the Orioles pitching staff. We've discussed it enough...again any trade (as unlikely as it will be) should be based on an extension.

ive heard the yankees and several other teams have scouts looking at Ben Sheets as he is getting ready to come back..if he is even 80% id take a longer look at signing him than i would trading for dempster or garza...

If you take Soriano with Garza, the price become much cheaper. I'd offer Tillman and Avery for Soriano, Garza, and 10million dollars paid on Soriano's contract. You add a veteran starting pitcher who has had success in the AL East and an everyday LF with postseason success.

If you take Soriano with Garza, the price become much cheaper. I'd offer Tillman and Avery for Soriano, Garza, and 10million dollars paid on Soriano's contract. You add a veteran starting pitcher who has had success in the AL East and an everyday LF with postseason success.

I agree that taking Soriano with Garza would probably lower the price. Not sure if that would happen though. That's a lot coming our way.

How much money we take on is all up to PA, or how much DD and Showalter can pitch it to PA. He has the money to spend twice as much as he's spending it now. Every extra dollar that he'd be willing to kick in I'm alright with.

Archived